News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Quote from: TomForum on June 13, 2021, 07:16:44 PM
Many thanks @SteveInWA!!

Still no service, but I'll continue to check it.

I assume this temporary fix should work for the issue "Connecting to 0.0.0.0" as well?

Somewhat OT, but for those that are getting status emails saying service is back--can someone please point me to the instructions to set those up?  I've never once received an Obi status email nor see where to configure them.

thx

Yes, "Connecting to 0.0.0.0 is another symptom of the same problem.

The emailed status notes are only sent to devices that are under warranty or on an extended service program AFAIK.  The settings are on the OBiTALK web portal's main page.

skier150

I have been down for 2 days.  Reading this thread since early on, and have tried every "solution" suggest.  Unfortunately none of them worked.  The last few posts in here mention that google is getting things back online.  I unplugged my OBI for about 20 minutes, and when I plugged it back in the status went to connected.  I hope this is a long term fix.  Located in NEPA.  Good luck!

Mickey613

I just got the ObiTalk email saying my device is registered i.e. working again.
This came just after trying incoming and outgoing calls and restarting Obi device. Not sure if that triggered it.
Also, status just changed to "connected".

Outgoing calls seem to work but still not incoming calls.
Update: Never mind that last part. Incoming calls are working too. I had set up GV calls to forward to a cell phone and another family member was using that connection so when I tried to call the home phone, it didn't ring. Doh. The GV line was busy.

TomForum

QuoteYes, "Connecting to 0.0.0.0 is another symptom of the same problem.

The emailed status notes are only sent to devices that are under warranty or on an extended service program AFAIK.  The settings are on the OBiTALK web portal's main page.

Thanks much; you had suspected it was a symptom of the same problem before, just confirming the fix should work for this issue too.

I don't see any such option on the main page (dashboard), but I don't think mine are under warranty.  No worries.

Appreciate all of the support!!

SoNic67

My OBi202 went back "Connected" overnight, without my intervention. S-E VA here.
Placed a call, all works.

garv

As of this morning I am connected again.

Left it unplugged overnight since it wasn't doing anything anyway, and on repowering it this morning, success.

Glad I managed to find this thread when I did.

gsu13

Unplugged and replug in - all three are working again.  They did not connect on their own overnight, but had to manually unplug.  One Obi200 and two Obi202s, all located in MD with some on Fios and one on Cox

derrickearly

Many thanks to the folks who worked on this for us. My phone is back online.

ljneureu

In Pennsylvania all my phones connected overnight without any intervention.

kes601

Thanks to those who got this escalated and fixed quickly.  Mine came back online overnight in VA.

EricEastCoast

Also back on line this Monday morning.  Checked Google Voice Settings, and my OBi200 is again listed.

MapGuy

Thanks again to whoever addressed the problem.  Power cycling my Obi this morning did the trick. 

Maryland suburb of Washington DC on FIOS.

Mapguy.

TheWalkman

As of 11:50 EST (2021.6.14) (Virginia) I'm up an running with no intervention on my part!

Thanks to folks behind the scene.

bitstopjoe

chiptape

Quote from: TomForum on June 13, 2021, 07:16:44 PM

Somewhat OT, but for those that are getting status emails saying service is back--can someone please point me to the instructions to set those up?  I've never once received an Obi status email nor see where to configure them.

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 13, 2021, 08:20:13 PM

Mine is at:

1... https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev
2... Click on your device name... Middle pane, top.
3... "Enable OBi Notify"... Check box to the right of "Enable OBi Notify".
4... "Save"... Under "Enable Obi Notify".

It says, "OBiTALK Premium Support required to use this feature".
But I'm not a paid OBiTALK subscriber or under warranty, and I get email notifications.
Sometimes they go to my Yahoo spam.

awriter

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 13, 2021, 08:20:13 PM

Mine is at:

1... https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev
2... Click on your device name... Middle pane, top.
3... "Enable OBi Notify"... Check box to the right of "Enable OBi Notify".
4... "Save"... Under "Enable Obi Notify".

It says, "OBiTALK Premium Support required to use this feature".
But I'm not a paid OBiTALK subscriber or under warranty, and I get email notifications.
Sometimes they go to my Yahoo spam.
[/quote]

When I try to check Enable Obi Notify - a popup box says I need to buy a year of Premium support for $10 from Amazon. Won't ley me check the box without that.

TomForum

Many thanks again SteveInWA!!  (and anyone else behind the scenes)

Mine was back up by morning.

Thanks @chiptape for the breadcrumbs.  I found it.  One is now enabled that's still in warranty.

Moonwalker

Still a little weirdness happening?

I just started getting the no response from service provider again on all calls, but the dashboard said connected. I trashed the settings and signed in again and this seemed to fix it for now. Is this issue still a work in progress?

BigJim_McD

The issue has returned this morning on our Google Voice numbers that connect to OBi202 and Obi200's via VoIP.ms.   Calls ring only one time, the caller gets a voice recording with an error message.

Yesterday, all calls were connecting correctly.

*Update*:  'Issue Cleared' after I disabled routing to NoMoRobo.

Checking 'Call History' on my OBi200, I noticed that all calls routed to
NoMoRobo for SPAM filtering were connecting.

To SP4(*18667326184@sipbroker.com)      Call Connected

I disabled routing to: 'NoMoRobo' and my test calls to our Google Voice numbers are working correctly now, 'Forwarding' to our VoIP.ms DID 3's, ringing phones on our two OBi202's and the OBi200.  I'm able to answer, connect and talk on each one.

Yesterday routing to NoMoRobo was working correctly and did NOT connect on regular calls.

BigJimMcD

Taoman

Quote from: BigJim_McD on June 15, 2021, 10:46:07 AM
and Obi200's via VoIP.ms.   Calls ring only one time, the caller gets a voice recording with an error message.

Just to clarify........ Are you saying that inbound calls to your GV number that then get forwarded to Voip.ms are not working properly? Even though it's being forwarded it still only rings one time and the caller gets the error message?