News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Minimizing the intrusion of landline call ringing

Started by jimk, February 07, 2011, 09:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimk

Almost all incoming calls on my land line port are annoying robo calls and I don't pay for caller ID. I would like to make  all incoming land line calls easier to ignore. One way to accomplish that would be greatly reducing the duration of the ring but I am open to all suggestions.  My phone is a cordless vtech with three extensions and an answering feature. I've looked at the Obi110 admin manual and searched for examples, but am not sure how to proceed. Would appreciate any suggestions.

LeftRight

You can do this by changing ring setting on LINE port.

By default, LINE port uses Ring Profile - A, Default Ring pattern 1 ... (Physical Interface --> LINE port --> RingProfile & DefaultRing)

then, just go to Ring Settings --> Ring Profile A --> Ring Pattern 1 --> Ring Pattern. The default setting is interpreted as ON (2 second) and OFF (4 second), change it to: 60;(0+4) (no ring), or one short ring with long silence: 60;(.5+400)

jimk

Thanks Left,

I used Ring Profile B so as to not affect my SP rings. THe values I settled on were:

60;(.5+10,.5+10)

That provided exactly what I wanted. Thanks again!

azrobert

I would also like to eliminate the robo and telemarketing calls.
I successfully forwarded an incoming call based on CID out SP2 to CNN Headline News at "4153767253@podlinez.net".  Is there an address I could route a call that would play the "Out of Service" message or something similar.

Thanks

QBZappy

If you want to blacklist numbers, consider sending them to the FCC "1-888-CALL-FCC" ;D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

guyinsb

I would like to configure 3 distinct ring patterns:
- one for SP1  (the main source of incoming calls)
- one for SP2  (a secondary source - a GV # that rings my OBi110 and my cell phone)
- one for the legacy landline (a lot of junk calls)

It looks like the OBi110 only supports 2 ring profiles; any work around?

RonR

You don't need multiple ring profiles:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_DefaultRing : 1 - 10

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing : 1 - 10

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DefaultRing : 1 - 10