News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New obi200 and old obi200 offline

Started by mangojuice200, June 24, 2021, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangojuice200

I'm sorry for another post of this similar issue, but my obi200 does not even connect to the internet. I only get green solid power LED. Internet and telephone line are not lit up or blinking. They are blank. I purchased a new obi200 and it the same issue. I also purchase a new router. Same issue. Obi device is offline and does not show green link or red or even blinks.

I don't know what to do. I brought new router, new obi200 to test, restarted router, upgraded the firmware on my router. I also followed many steps mentioned on other threads including unchecking the defaultgetway, dnsserver1 and dnsserver2. Nothing is working for me.

drgeoff

1.  The left LED (Power) should be continuous green within a few seconds of powering up.

2.  The middle LED should blink occasionally when an ethernet cable is connected between the OBi's ethernet port and a LAN port on your router. If not, try another cable.

3.  The right hand LED should flash regularly when a plugged-in phone is taken off-hook.

Please report to what extent the 3 LEDs match the above.

mangojuice200

Hi thanks for replying. The only light that comes on and stay solid is the power LED. The others two light, internet and telephone line, do not light up or blink. I tried new cable on the new obi200 i purchased and the old obi200. I had the old obi200 for more than 3 years and it's been working fine. It just suddenly stopped working. When someone calls me it rings my google voice (i setup to also fordward calls to me smartphone). On my telephone receiver it display telephone line disconnected. I also tried changing the telephone line cable. Nothing.

drgeoff

Quote from: mangojuice200 on June 24, 2021, 09:06:49 AM
Hi thanks for replying. The only light that comes on and stay solid is the power LED. The others two light, internet and telephone line, do not light up or blink. I tried new cable on the new obi200 i purchased and the old obi200. I had the old obi200 for more than 3 years and it's been working fine. It just suddenly stopped working. When someone calls me it rings my google voice (i setup to also fordward calls to me smartphone). On my telephone receiver it display telephone line disconnected. I also tried changing the telephone line cable. Nothing.
Even with no ethernet cable plugged in you should get dial tone when you take the phone off-hook and the right LED should blink. The phone displaying "Line not connected" or similar means it isn't seeing the 50 Volts that the OBi should be providing. It is unlikely that a brand new OBi would be faulty and behave the same way as your possibly failed old one.  So more likely the problem is elsewhere but that only leaves the phone and OBi power unit.  Presumably you have tried the new PSU with the new OBi.  Are you plugging the phone directly into the OBi or is there house phone wiring between the two?  Do not use the latter unless you are absolutely certain that it has been properly physically disconnected from any current or previous telco line.

If you have not factory reset the old unit it should still be configured for GV.  If you connect it to your router and power it up and look at your dashboard at obitalk.com does the OBi show as online and does GV show as connected?  If yes, keep the phone unplugged and use your cellphone to call your GV number while you observe the OBi's right LED.  It should flash until you abort the call or GV voicemail picks up.