Reminder: If you've not already done so, update your OBiTALK product's firmware!

Started by SteveInWA, August 26, 2021, 05:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Heads up!

If you have not yet followed Poly's instructions to update the firmware on your OBiTALK ATA or IP phone, you must do so now. These devices will no longer authenticate with the Google Voice servers, and they are causing server load problems trying to repeatedly authenticate.

If you have a friend or relative who is using one of these products, please help them upgrade. Thanks!

See: https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/

JohnE

Thanks so much for this Steve.  I received no communication from Poly on this, and had the problem. Yes, will make certain all my friends who have OBIs do the update. 

Problem solved! 

John

rjniles

Is there an easy way to check if my software was automatically updated? Something I can check in my dashboard?

Taoman

Quote from: rjniles on August 31, 2021, 03:53:35 AM
Is there an easy way to check if my software was automatically updated? Something I can check in my dashboard?

Advanced Configuration-->Status-->System Status-->Product Information-->SoftwareVersion

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on August 31, 2021, 05:16:37 AM

Advanced Configuration-->Status-->System Status-->Product Information-->SoftwareVersion

...or,  pick up the phone attached to the device, and key in ***0 then 1# to hear the version number.   It's 3.2.2.8680 for the 200, 212 and 202.

rjniles

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 31, 2021, 10:09:24 AM
Quote from: Taoman on August 31, 2021, 05:16:37 AM

...or,  pick up the phone attached to the device, and key in ***0 then 1# to hear the version number.   It's 3.2.2.8680 for the 200, 212 and 202.

Thanks, that was easy. My OBI is updated to the current software.

SteveInWA

I don't have the ability to pin topics, and there no longer appears to be anyone we can contact to do so.

Frankly, even it it was pinned, many users are too clueless to read the posts.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 03, 2021, 02:30:21 PM
I don't have the ability to pin topics, and there no longer appears to be anyone we can contact to do so.

Frankly, even it it was pinned, many users are too clueless to read the posts.
There does appear to be someone who is deleting spam posts.

+1 to the second paragraph.  :(