News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ringtone when calling

Started by FSNZ, September 03, 2021, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSNZ

Hi,

When I use the analog phone connected to OBI202 and I make a call it need 10 seconds before I hear the "ringing", that the phone on the other end is ringing. That is a long time and can confuse users if their phones is really dialling. Is there a way for the time of silence when I make a call, that the OBI202 simulate a ringing or can I upload a mp3 file that sai "Please wait, connecting" or so ?

Frank

drgeoff

Quote from: FSNZ on September 03, 2021, 09:29:14 PM
Hi,

When I use the analog phone connected to OBI202 and I make a call it need 10 seconds before I hear the "ringing", that the phone on the other end is ringing. That is a long time and can confuse users if their phones is really dialling. Is there a way for the time of silence when I make a call, that the OBI202 simulate a ringing or can I upload a mp3 file that sai "Please wait, connecting" or so ?

Frank
Please report if pressing the # key at the end of dialling a number gives a significant reduction in the delay before hearing ringing.

richard93

I also have GV setup on SP1 and CallCentric setup on SP2. I was at first confused by the double ringing for calls coming into CallCentric on SP2. This is actually a feature, not a bug. The Obi200 allows you to configure multiple ring tones / patterns and assign distinctive rings to each SPx provider.

I assume you would like the ring pattern to be the same as the ring pattern for calls coming in on SP1. To change this, assuming CallCentric is configured on SP2, go to Voice Service>SP2 Service and change X_RingProfile from "B" to "A". Then hit the Submit button, and Return back to the edit page. Then click the "Reboot" button to apply your change.MyCardStatement

You can also change X_CodecProfile from B to A at the same time so that the settings for SP2 are consistent. That's how I have mine configured. Let me know if you have any questions.