News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Detailed Guide to Configure Obi2162 to dial out using PSTN line on OBi212

Started by jccpa, April 27, 2021, 01:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RodgerDJr

That worked, when I dialed the **9680xxxxxx from the POT attached to the 212 it rang the OBITalk line on the 2182.

But it still does not work when I call the landline number from my cellphone.  The POT rings but the 2182 does not.

Here is the call log.

I know I can only make changes from one place and I have been using the Phone's IP.   Should I not be doing that

drgeoff

Quote from: RodgerDJr on September 13, 2021, 10:17:15 AM
That worked, when I dialed the **9680xxxxxx from the POT attached to the 212 it rang the OBITalk line on the 2182.

But it still does not work when I call the landline number from my cellphone.  The POT rings but the 2182 does not.

Here is the call log.

I know I can only make changes from one place and I have been using the Phone's IP.   Should I not be doing that
To get calls to the landline number to ring the 2182, you don't need to make any changes to the 2182's default settings.  Just the single entry to the 212 Line port InboundCallRoute that I posted previously.

Yes you should only make changes using either the portal or the device's onboard GUI.  BUT if you choose the latter you MUST disable Obitalk Provisioning. Otherwise the portal settings will sooner or later override any changes you make locally.

RodgerDJr

Which would you say I should use?

Do you have any other ideas on what I need to do to get my 2182 to ring when the landline rings?

I can factory reset the 2182 and start all over again.  I just have to setup my 3 GV lines, import the Address Book and set up my left lines again.  It is good practice . . .

drgeoff

Quote from: RodgerDJr on September 13, 2021, 11:50:16 AM
Which would you say I should use?

Do you have any other ideas on what I need to do to get my 2182 to ring when the landline rings?

I can factory reset the 2182 and start all over again.  I just have to setup my 3 GV lines, import the Address Book and set up my left lines again.  It is good practice . . .
I'm not convinced there is anything amiss with the 2182.  I'm not convinced you are doing what azrobert and I have told you to do on the 212.

If you are using GV then you must use the portal to configure those.  Easiest then is to carry on using that for everything else.  You can use the local GUIs to view the settings on the 212 and the 2182.  In fact that is the only way to see Call History.

RodgerDJr

I have done very little to the 212.  I thought I have done all you guys wanted, but I am happy to do it all over again.  I can do a factory reset to both devices. .

The OBi212 only has the phone line coming from Xfinity Router and I have a POT on the line out.  That is all I have on that  just the two settings that you both told me to do.  When I dial **9680XXXXXX from the POT connected to the 212 my 2182 does ring on the line I have for OBITalk and I can dial **9 and any number on the 2182 and it call out using the landline.  I just cannot seem to get it to ring when someone calls the landline.  The POT rings but the 2182 does nothing.  

I am going to do a factory reset to both and then follow to the tee what you two have said.  And I will only do that using the OBIExpert and not the Phones IP interface and then we can see where we are.  

How does that sound?  I am only trying to learn and you two have been great teachers I know it has to be something on my end.

Thank you both again and thank you for keep trying to help me.

EDIT:
I am attaching a screenshot of my setup.  I had uploaded it a few post ago.  But here it is again.  There are only 2 settings I need to change on the 212 and one on the 2182

azrobert

Just redo the OBi212. The call history only shows the call routed to ph. It should also show the call routed to OBiTalk, so I think the problem is in the OBi212.

drgeoff

From page 193 of the OBi ATAs Admin Guide:

"The general format is:
InboundCallRoute := rule OR {rule},{rule},....
Note that the curly braces may be omitted if there is only one rule in the route."

Edit:
That is why I wrote what I wrote.
See my next post below.

RodgerDJr

I will start over with the 212 and see what happens.  I bet I messed up a setting and that is the issue.  Better to start off fresh and then take what you two have taught me.  It might be the morning before I can get back to it. 

I REALLY appreciate the help you both have given me.   

drgeoff

Sincere apologies.  I was wrong.

Sending a call to multiple destinations (known as forking) is a single rule.  Commas separate the destinations in a list.  In this case the comma is not separating two rules.  This means:

1.  The curly braces are not necessary for a single rule. So either

ph,pp(680xxxxxx)

or

{ph,pp(680xxxxxx)}

is the correct form.

2  {ph},{pp(680xxxxxx)} would be interpreted as two rules.  Rules are checked one at a time from left to right and only the first one to succeed is acted upon. {ph} has no conditionality and will always succeed.  The call will be sent to the phone port only and the {pp(680xxxxxx)} won't even be examined.

RodgerDJr

Thank you both . . . .it is working just like I want it to.  I can receive and place calls from the 2182 using the landline that is on the 212. 

Everything seems to be working!!!  Looks like I was finally right about something.  I did something to the 212 that was not right!!