News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Old firmware for ObiTalk 1022 for incremental firmware update

Started by Deano, August 05, 2022, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano

Hello - Tried to update Obitalk 1022 phone to current firmware both automatically and manually, no go.  Connected directly to router.  I read somewhere that if you update the firmware in increments, you could have success with the latest build.  Does anyone know where I can find old firmware versions for the 1022 so I can try this? 

Thanks - Dean

drgeoff

Quote from: Deano on August 05, 2022, 08:35:26 AMHello - Tried to update Obitalk 1022 phone to current firmware both automatically and manually, no go.  Connected directly to router.  I read somewhere that if you update the firmware in increments, you could have success with the latest build.  Does anyone know where I can find old firmware versions for the 1022 so I can try this? 

Thanks - Dean
What you read was bunkum.

What happens when you attempt a manual update following the directions, Option 3 in https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 ?  Exact details please.

DeanoV2

@drGeoff Thank you!

When I run the manual update this is the message:
I reboot but nothing cahnges

"Firmware Update Failed

You will need to reboot the OBi device before the update can commence. Please Select Reboot Now, and return to Device Update page to complete upgrade."

Other info from Device configuration screen

Service Providers  Name             Status         
SP1               GoogleVoice   Resolving  DNS

thanks

Dean

drgeoff

What size is the firmware file you have downloaded to your computer? If using Windows, right click on the OBiPhone-5-1-11-5312EX.fw file and select "Properties". Size should be 31,699,954 bytes