News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 powers off randomly

Started by maxforwardspeed, October 15, 2021, 07:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxforwardspeed

I've got my google voice number and the 911 anveo service setup through my OBi200 and have been using it without issue for years. Recently, I'm getting a lot of SIP Offline alerts, and notice all of the LEDs on the OBi200 are off when this error presents itself. If I reset the power then it's restored temporarily until it randomly shuts off again. I tried to manually install the latest firmware but that didn't work because it says it's already installed (3.2.2). Any ideas?

maxforwardspeed

I just tried doing the factory reset using the ***8 and the OBi200 still seems to be shutting itself down after a period of about 12 hours. All LEDs go out and I can't access the device management webpage. Weird, this only started recently too.

bluechip

F.Y.I., After years of good service, my OBi200 began randomly hanging up on some calls, right in the middle of calls. The problem went away after I replaced the 12VDC 2A power adapter.

maxforwardspeed

Hmm, thanks I'll try swapping that out. Do you know if there is a way to revert to an older firmware and then reflash the latest version? The factory reset keeps the latest, just wondering if that could be an issue as well.

bluechip

For several years I've been using my OBi200 with Localphone. Now whenever Google makes a modification, I don't need to depend on OBi for updates. No problems and no updates. (OBi continuously annoyed me by making changes to my OBi200 firmware without permission, and also repeatedly disabling my OBi and then demanding $10/yr maintenance. I configured my OBi to have local settings. The Localphone website shows you how. Everything has been working fine with Localphone for several years.) I'm in the USA. A Localphone DID costs 99 cents/month. Unlimited incoming calls are free. 800 minutes of outgoing calls is $1.60/month. No taxes are added. Localphone is a bargain, with servers in Wilmington Delaware and Amsterdam Netherlands. If you'd like to give Localphone a try, I'd appreciate your using my referral link. Thanks and good luck.
http://www.localphone.com/?rb=g-ETNf1B4i76gTsjj-iP3fQIYAZUfCRTcvkGVW5UAN8

maxforwardspeed

Thank you for the tips! Believe it or not, I think the power supply was the issue. I swapped it out for a different one and it's been up uninterrupted for a few days now. The Localphone sounds like a good idea. If I go that route in the best future I'll use your referral, thank you!