News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help Needed With OBi & Callcentric Use of SIPBroker **275

Started by LTN1, June 26, 2021, 08:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

I know this is off-topic to OBi issues but does anyone know if the use of SIPBroker's **275 for toll-free terminations at 800 numbers has been discontinued?

I recently found that my Callcentric's use of for example, **275*1800[any valid number] gets a response that the "SIP code you have dialed is not correct."

Taoman

Hasn't been working for awhile now. I switched to tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com.

This was Callcentric's response to my query:

Quote from: CallcentricThe SIP Broker functionality is provided by SIP Broker. Their Toll Free calling appears to no longer be operational. Please contact SIP Broker for more information regarding this issue.

LTN1

Thanks for your response, Taoman. Nice to confirm that it is not just a glitch.

Besides GV, Localphone offers toll-free terminations--and I have both. I was just wondering if there was an alternative code like SIPBroker (**275) to use when dialing via Callcentric. I'm uncertain if the alcazarnetworks.com's toll-free termination requires signup. Does it have a code similar to SIPBroker where I can use Callcentric to dial out for toll-free numbers?

Taoman

Quote from: LTN1 on June 27, 2021, 07:37:53 AM
I'm uncertain if the alcazarnetworks.com's toll-free termination requires signup. Does it have a code similar to SIPBroker where I can use Callcentric to dial out for toll-free numbers?

No code or signup required. Just replace **275* with tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com.
I assume you're using it to query Nomorobo before connecting to your extension?

1Nomorobo#@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

Works well. I use call hunting with just a 5 second ring time.

LTN1

Quote from: Taoman on June 27, 2021, 08:52:55 AM
I'm uncertain if the alcazarnetworks.com's toll-free termination requires signup. Does it have a code similar to SIPBroker where I can use Callcentric to dial out for toll-free numbers?

No code or signup required. Just replace **275* with tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com.
I assume you're using it to query Nomorobo before connecting to your extension?

1Nomorobo#@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

I appreciate the specific instructions. Unfortunately, I'm not using it for Nomorobo. It is actually for an older PBX system that requires numbers or a SIP code like **275 to dial out. The UI doesn't allow for alpha-letters as a dial-out string. It is not critical as I have other providers for outbound toll-free terminations--just wanted to have something numerical to replace the SIPBroker code.

azrobert

Can you define an outbound trunk on the PBX without registration?

Credentials:
Proxy: tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
UserID: 10 digit number used for the outbound CallerID
Password: anything

LTN1

Quote from: azrobert on June 27, 2021, 03:23:09 PM
Can you define an outbound trunk on the PBX without registration?

Credentials:
Proxy: tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
UserID: 10 digit number used for the outbound CallerID
Password: anything

Thanks, azrobert, for the suggestion. I have a FortiVoice PBX system. I think the section for those UI configurations require an actual account registration with actual password. I'll upload some samples of my UI software. I don't think I can do those with my UI as the software requires an actual account to work. If I set up an actual alcazarnetworks.com account, I'm sure it would work. For example, with Callcentric, I have a registered account. Then I attach the SIPBroker **275 prefix when dialing toll-free numbers through Callcentric. I'll post some sample pictures of my UI.

azrobert

See if the PBX will accept a blank Registrar Server. Maybe that will stop it from trying to register.

LTN1

Quote from: azrobert on June 27, 2021, 11:20:47 PM
See if the PBX will accept a blank Registrar Server. Maybe that will stop it from trying to register.

Thanks, azrobert. Just tried that and the PBX's UI won't work properly with a blank registrar server. Attempted outbound calls just gets a busy signal.

These are not important issues for me...was just curious to know of possible workarounds to not being able to use **275 with my particular software.

azrobert

If you only call a few 800 numbers, you can setup Phone Book speed dials in Callcentric

Speed Dial: *7501
Name: Cox
Number: 18002343993@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

LTN1

Quote from: azrobert on June 28, 2021, 09:29:25 AM
If you only call a few 800 numbers, you can setup Phone Book speed dials in Callcentric

Speed Dial: *7501
Name: Cox
Number: 18002343993@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

Appreciate the guidance, azrobert. I use both Localphone and GV most of the time--so toll-free calling isn't a problem. But if you ever find out if SIPBroker reactivates its toll-free termination with a new code, please let us know on the forum.

Taoman

I was just wondering if there was an alternative code like SIPBroker (**275) to use when dialing via Callcentric.

Yes, I just tried using alcazarnetworks.com on Callcentric and it worked. Got this code from RonR.

Quote from: RonRFrom Callcentric, that would be:  **275*10085 + toll free number

LTN1

Quote from: Taoman on August 01, 2021, 02:07:13 PM
I was just wondering if there was an alternative code like SIPBroker (**275) to use when dialing via Callcentric.

Yes, I just tried using alcazarnetworks.com on Callcentric and it worked. Got this code from RonR.

Quote from: RonRFrom Callcentric, that would be:  **275*10085 + toll free number

Thanks, Taoman. I just looked at your response just now. Very helpful!

LTN1

"I was just wondering if there was an alternative code like SIPBroker (**275) to use when dialing via Callcentric. I'm uncertain if the alcazarnetworks.com's toll-free termination requires signup."

It does not require signup. The code is this **275*10085  --not just **275.

You would dial **275*10085 then your toll-free number. If your toll free number was 18005551212 then you dial **275*1008518005551212

Taoman

Quote from: LTN1 on October 28, 2021, 08:09:23 AM

You would dial **275*10085 then your toll-free number. If your toll free number was 18005551212 then you dial **275*1008518005551212

You are replying to a spammer. Please notice the following:

1> Spammer copied part of your previous post word for word. Simple copy and paste.
2> It's the spammer's first post
3> Username is typical spammer's pattern: name followed by a few numbers.

Expect the spammer to come back at a later time to edit his post and slip in a spam url.

Edit: Hmm. Looks like the spam post mysteriously disappeared.

LTN1

Quote from: Taoman on October 28, 2021, 10:23:02 AM
Quote from: LTN1 on October 28, 2021, 08:09:23 AM

You are replying to a spammer. Please notice the following:

1> Spammer copied part of your previous post word for word. Simple copy and paste.
2> It's the spammer's first post
3> Username is typical spammer's pattern: name followed by a few numbers.

Expect the spammer to come back at a later time to edit his post and slip in a spam url.

Edit: Hmm. Looks like the spam post mysteriously disappeared.

You are right. I need to be more careful in my reading of questions. Thanks, Taoman.