News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using OBI202 without OBITALK and Auto Attendant

Started by ploo, November 07, 2021, 02:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ploo

Hi

I just bought the OBI202 from US to set up my cordless phone connected to the NBN.

I prefer just to use the system to connect a phone line without necessarily using the options of OBITALK and Auto Attendant, such as having to dial the prefix ** 1 or have Auto Attendant answer my calls.

I don't seem to be able to uncheck the "Enable" for these services.  Whenever I reboot, the OBITALK Service Settings and Auto Attendant 1 are reverted to "Enable" checked.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks

drgeoff

The number 1 gotcha for beginners. That's why there is a sticky about it. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Unless you disable Obitalk Provisioning, the settings on the OBitalk portal will override settings you make locally using the device's onboard webserver.  If you don't want to use the portal at obitalk.com, log in locally, navigate to System Management, Auto Provisioning and in the Obitalk Provisioning section change 'Method' to 'Disabled'.