News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Moving Obi from North America to Europe

Started by JohnnyBeGood, November 16, 2021, 09:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBeGood

Hey all,

An elderly couple recently moved from the US to Europe and their Obi with voip.ms worked just fine here. Once they moved there, they had a phone with the cord and it worked fine, but they purchased cordless Panasonic KX-TG1612CAH and once connected I can call them, and it works when they try to dial ie. my number home number 7xx-xxx.xxxx
they get a busy signal. I want to help them, but I don't even know where to start.
Voip.ms interface does not show any log because the call never reaches their network.
Any help would be much appreciated!

TIA.

drgeoff

Check that the phone is set to tone dial, not pulse.

If that is not the problem, can it reach the echo test by dialling **9 222 222 222?

Do you have access to the obitalk dashboard that their OBi is registered on?

psuPete

It may depend upon whether the cordless phone has certain defaults that affect the dialing plan.  Maybe they can try a wired phone into the OBi?

Pete

drgeoff

Quote from: psuPete on November 16, 2021, 02:20:35 PM
It may depend upon whether the cordless phone has certain defaults that affect the dialing plan.  Maybe they can try a wired phone into the OBi?

Pete
@psuPete

You don't seem to have understood the words "Once they moved there, they had a phone with the cord and it worked fine"

drgeoff

Is it possible that the elderly couple have never used this type of phone which requires a "send" key to be pressed after a number is keyed in?  For this phone that key is the one with an icon of a handset at a 45 degree angle. Top left one of the four keys around the large circular one.

JohnnyBeGood

Quote from: drgeoff on November 16, 2021, 11:19:45 AM
Check that the phone is set to tone dial, not pulse.

If that is not the problem, can it reach the echo test by dialling **9 222 222 222?

Do you have access to the obitalk dashboard that their OBi is registered on?

Thank you all for the replies!

Due to the time difference, I will have to test tone dial and echo next time I talk to them.

I'm not sure if I ever registered obitalk to the dashboard. Hopefully, it is not too late to do it now, it would make troubleshooting easier.

JohnnyBeGood

Quote from: psuPete on November 16, 2021, 02:20:35 PM

Pete
The wired phone works just fine. The only issue is dialing out with the new cordless phone purchased there.

JohnnyBeGood

Quote from: drgeoff on November 16, 2021, 02:41:00 PM
Is it possible that the elderly couple have never used this type of phone which requires a "send" key to be pressed after a number is keyed in?  For this phone that key is the one with an icon of a handset at a 45 degree angle. Top left one of the four keys around the large circular one.
I'm positive they used this type of phone and know "send" is needed to be pressed after numbers are entered.

drgeoff

I've had a look at http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/c/cff4c495-673f-4722-998b-1def617892e1.pdf.

Page 10, Dialling mode. There is a tone or pulse setting though tone is the default for the versions covered by that manual.  But maybe different default for the CAH version intended for use in whichever of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan.

Update.  I found the manual for the Russian version and according to Google Translate the default is Pulse. Page 14 of https://eplaza.panasonic.ru/upload/iblock/64f/KX-TG1611_manual.pdf

JohnnyBeGood

Quote from: drgeoff on November 17, 2021, 09:55:09 AM
I've had a look at http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/c/cff4c495-673f-4722-998b-1def617892e1.pdf.

Page 10, Dialling mode. There is a tone or pulse setting though tone is the default for the versions covered by that manual.  But maybe different default for the CAH version intended for use in whichever of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan.

Update.  I found the manual for the Russian version and according to Google Translate the default is Pulse. Page 14 of https://eplaza.panasonic.ru/upload/iblock/64f/KX-TG1611_manual.pdf

Thank you for taking the time to find this info!
I can double-check to make sure the correct dialling mode is set.
Not sure what else I can look into.