News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

i need somboy's help aobut OBi with google

Started by kasra, November 16, 2011, 10:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasra

in some country Google voice wont  work and it  is blocked by government  if i make new account in US and send this OBi device to that country do you guys think the device still receive the Google call

Stewart

I am assuming that what you are trying to do is not illegal, or that you understand and are willing to accept the risks:

IMO, you should work with your contact in the destination country and test a proposed solution with software.  For GV, I would set up a GV account in the US and test it locally from Gmail.  Next, have your contact connect to a VPN server in the US and try calling with Gmail.  Once that is working properly, the crucial test is to bring up the VPN, click Call Phone, then when the keypad appears, drop the VPN connection before dialing.  If the call still connects ok, then IMO the OBi should work.  If not (but the call did connect through the VPN), you could consider using the OBi through a hardware or software VPN connection.

Depending on the blocking technology used, you may have better luck with a small provider that might be "under the radar".  For example, try Callcentric (with their softphone or with X-Lite).  If that works ok without a VPN, it will probably be ok with the OBi.

You might also try OBiAPP.  If that works, you could use it in conjunction with an OBi in the US to make and receive PSTN calls.