News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Started by Himard, April 09, 2024, 12:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himard

On a Google Voice webpage in Chrome browser, attempts to use a Legacy GV feature selecting which device to make an outgoing call via Hangouts "thru ObiHai202", fails!

I have an 202 unit and my GV # is registered in the ObiHai unit so that inbound calls ring and I can make outbound calls.

In Hangouts, I have the option of making an outgoing call via my cell phone, my work phone or my ObiHai.

BUT, I selecting ObiHai, I get an error message and the outgoing call does not land on my home phone.

Anyone familiar with this problem? And, is there a fix or a circumvention?

Thanks in advance

SteveInWA

Quote from: Himard on April 09, 2024, 12:16:59 AMOn a Google Voice webpage in Chrome browser, attempts to use a Legacy GV feature selecting which device to make an outgoing call via Hangouts "thru ObiHai202", fails!

I have an 202 unit and my GV # is registered in the ObiHai unit so that inbound calls ring and I can make outbound calls.

In Hangouts, I have the option of making an outgoing call via my cell phone, my work phone or my ObiHai.

BUT, I selecting ObiHai, I get an error message and the outgoing call does not land on my home phone.

Anyone familiar with this problem? And, is there a fix or a circumvention?

Thanks in advance

Unless this is a spam post, why are you asking about Hangouts?  That service went away several years ago.

Whereas the desktop Google Voice website can be set to select and use linked phone numbers for outbound calls, it cannot use OBiTALK devices.