News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED:Adding Gtalk Username as trusted caller does not take me to Obi attendant

Started by earthtoobi, March 23, 2011, 10:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtoobi

Added the caller gtalk username as a  trusted caller to Obi.now, when i call Obi from google chat(After adding the Obi GVoice username as a contact) it rings the phone attached to Obi as opposed to taking me to AA.

earthtoobi

actually it doesnt work with my gmail id. it does work with another gmail/gtalk id that i have added to circle of trust

earthtoobi

Found out the Reason for the problem:

the issue is that Obitalk portal is not formatting trusted callers correctly when it assigns it to X_InboundCallRoute in Google Voice SP1/2 Service.

mine had:
{(1NUMBER|'<gmailusername1>'|<gmailusername2>|1NUMBER):aa},{ph}

Notice that the quotes was missing for the second gmail username . when i added the quotes in expert config, the calls goto
OBIAttendant.

please fix the issue on your next update.

OBiSupport

SOLVED
This issue has been corrected on the OBiTALK portal -- no need to update client software.

cdcooker

I added the gmail user id in the trusted callers list, but when I please a call in Gmail Chat from that user id, it goes straight to AA instead of the phone attached to Obi.

Anything wrong I might have done?

Thanks

earthtoobi

Thats the desired functionality.the fact that you want to add it to 'trusted callers' means that you want AA to pickup and give you the option to use any of the Service Providers to make a call OR proceed to Ring the Phone.if you dont want this and just want the phone to ring, then take it off trusted callers

cdcooker

But from your updated message #1 of this thread, my understanding is that once you add the gmail id in the trusted callers list, it will ring the phone, not going to AA directly.  Did I misinterpret it?  Also, I just tested in a minute ago, when I click the user name in gmail, and click the phone icon, and then click the Call Computer link, it ring just once and stop right away.  I believe it worked a few days ago.

thanks

earthtoobi

But from your updated message #1 of this thread, my understanding is that once you add the gmail id in the trusted callers list, it will ring the phone, not going to AA directly.  Did I misinterpret it?

Yes. The Issue originally was that it was ringing my phone directly even when the user was part of trusted callers.it was fixed in Obitalk by the Obi team.now, it will goto AA which is the desired functionality.

Also, I just tested in a minute ago, when I click the user name in gmail, and click the phone icon, and then click the Call Computer link, it ring just once and stop right away.  I believe it worked a few days ago.

It works fine for me

p2pvoice

Quote from: earthtoobi on March 29, 2011, 06:31:42 PM
Thats the desired functionality.the fact that you want to add it to 'trusted callers' means that you want AA to pickup and give you the option to use any of the Service Providers to make a call OR proceed to Ring the Phone.if you dont want this and just want the phone to ring, then take it off trusted callers

@earthtoobi and ObiSupport:

I am still trying to figure out "Trusted Caller" functionality.

Here is my scenario: I have Obi100 set up with GV. Now, I want to give my friend access to my Obi100 AA from his smartphone with OBiON. He has a gmail account and has created an ObiTalk account using that gmail account.

He logs in his smartphone OBiON using his OBiTalk credentials.

What information do I enter into my "Trusted Caller" list so that when he calls my OBi100 GoogleVoice number, he gets access to my OBi100 AA? What do I put in the "Name" field and what do I put in the "Number" field?

Finally, is there a document where I can read the differences between "Circle of Trust" and "Trusted Caller"?

Thank you very much. I think OBi devices are just awsome:=))

earthtoobi

@p2voice:
Circle of trust is primarily for Obi Endpoint-Obi Endpoint(via obitalk) trusted communication.
ObiEndpoint=Softphone or Obi Device.
Trusted callers is primarily  for Google Chat users and Cellphone/landline/googlevoice numbers(Or in other words end points that can reach any of your trunks{sp1/sp2/li etc}).

In your specific case, he doesn't even have to call google voice and then get attendant to then subsequently call out. in his obitalk account, he can add your device as "default gateway" against his softphone number(your Obi device will show up in the dropdown when added to COT).
Once added,to make a call via ObiON, he can directly call the final destination number. it will go through the default trunk configured in your Obi.

you can get more fancy and provide options for the user to use ANY(not just default) of the trunk and gateways configured in your Obi.
to do that: you can change the Obitalk inbound call route to something like this:
the below is a sample for understanding:
{(Mcot)>(Msp2):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(Mcot)>(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},{(Mcot)>(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(Mcot)>(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Where MCot= user defined digitmap that contains your friends number

This way he can use all your Trunks and Gateways that you may have configured in your OBi Device
using **1 <Number>, **2<Number> etc.

Note that when your friend makes a call via Obion, the call comes in via obitalk network and the ObitalkInboundCallroute in your obi device determines what to do with the call.this is where you can write your different rules to enable more functionality for your friend.

p2pvoice

Quote from: earthtoobi on December 07, 2011, 12:13:29 PM
@p2voice:
Circle of trust is primarily for Obi Endpoint-Obi Endpoint(via obitalk) trusted communication.
Trusted callers are for Google Chat users and Cellphone/landline/googlevoice numbers(Or in other words end points that can reach any of your trunks{sp1/sp2/li etc}).

In your specific case, he doesn't even have to call google voice and then get attendant to then subsequently call out. in his obitalk account, he can add your device as "default gateway" against his softphone number(your Obi device will show up in the dropdown when added to COT).
Once added,to make a call via ObiON, he can directly call the final destination number. it will go through the default trunk configured in your Obi.

Thanks for your reply. That is precisely what I didn't want to do - add him to my Circle of Trust. Because, if I have multiple OBi100 in by OBiTalk account, all of those show up in my friend's OBiTalk account as potential gateways to choose from. That's why I thought that by simply adding him as a "Trusted Caller", he wouldn't get that total access.

BTW, if I add someone in my COT, is possible to restrict that person's access to a specific OBi100 as a potential gateway?

Thanks.

earthtoobi

i am not aware of a way of restricting the drop down that your friend sees when he is part of COT.(unless you move your different obi's to different accounts).

Your friend does not need to be part of COT to achieve what you want.

Please note that, that you have the control  as part of obitalkinboundcallroute to determine what services he(softphone number) can/cannot use.
you can restrict ALL access for specific Obi devices by just tweaking the obitalkinboundcallroute parameter in those devices.

so, in the above case since you cannot be his default gateway, he can call using your device the following way:
eg:
5*<phonenum>

where speed dial 5 is your Obi number

RonR

Don't add your friend to anything in the OBiTALK Web Portal.  He doesn't need a Gmail account.  All he needs is an OBiON app on his smartphone.

Make the following addition to your OBiTALK InboundCallRoute:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456:aa},...

where 290123456 is your friend's OBiON OBiTALK number.

When he dials your OBiTALK number from his OBiON app, it will access your Auto Attendant.

p2pvoice

Thank you both @earthtoobi and @RonR:

I have never yet edited inbound route or anything like this but I will certainly try your suggestions.

Thanks, again.