News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1032 with Dialpad and Google Voice

Started by srberard, February 17, 2022, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srberard

Hello,
I recently purchased an Obi1032.  I'm having trouble getting it to work with both Google Voice (home phone) and Dialpad (work line).  I was able to setup the device to work with Obitalk and Google Voice.  When I added the Dialpad line it provisioned itself with the Dialpad specific appearance and works with that line.  However, the device is no longer in Obitalk and my Google Voice line is no longer working.  I've tried a number of things and I can get it to work with either service, just not both. 

I believe Dialpad is using a custom config/app once provisioned.  I've gone into the local web UI and tried to manually enable Google Voice but the configuration never gets activated.

From what I understand, the 1032 can support up to 6 providers so this should work.

Any ideas on how to get this to work or how to best troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

srberard

Ok, I managed to get this to a workable state.  In case others are trying to do the same, here's a short summary of what I did:
  - Using the normal Obitalk setup, add the phone to your Obi account
  - Add Google Voice (consumer) as the second provider
  - Add the phone to your Dialpad account

This last step will configure your phone for Dialpad including personalizing the display.  It also disables all other service providers and removes the phone from your Obitalk account.  This seems to be done via an automatic provisioning setting.  So even if you reenable Google Voice it will not work.  To disable this, I logged into the phone's web UI and cleared the "ITSP Provisioning" field.  After a reboot, I was then able to enable Google Voice in SP2.  After another reboot, both services are now working. 

Hopefully this is useful for others.