News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is my Obi110 failing?

Started by Zohdug, November 20, 2011, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zohdug

I've been using an OBi110 for about 4 months now.  I started with callcentric, and then switched to voip.ms about 2 months ago.  Voip.ms has generally been very good.  I have recently been having issues with very bad call quality, and calls frequently going to voip.ms voicemail instead of ringing my phone.  When I investigated the issue, I discovered that I was frequently losing packets pinging my OBi from a computer on my LAN.  I rebooted my obi and my router, but this problem persists.  I plan on swapping out cables, and have ordered an OBi100 to swap out.  If this fails I guess i'll look at the router next.  Any suggestion on other trouble shooting ideas are appreciated as I have a limited knowledge of networking and VOIP.

Zohdug

Noodles

I'd first check the Ethernet cable and/or replace that. Then tackle the router since you're getting dropped packets inside your LAN.

VaHam

You may also want to try running a voip test at http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php to make sure nothing in your network has degraded.