News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Enabling OBi200 SIP INFO Support

Started by nh905, August 11, 2022, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh905

I have an OBi200 that provides access to Anveo via SP2 to reduce the cost of long distance calls.  When travelling, I have used the OBi200 to make calls from my smartphone via Anveo.  I set up accounts for my OBi200 and my smartphones on OnSIP. OBi200 SP3 connects to the OnSIP service.
 Using MuziDroid on my smartphones, I can connect to OBi200 SP3, switch to the Auto Attendant, and enter in the phone number that I want Anveo to call.

Although MizuDroid works, it has a few usability issues.  OnSIP provides an Android application that is much easier to use.  Unfortunately, it communicates via SIP INFO - if I try to enter a # character, the AA hangs up the call.  OnSIP indicated that it uses SIP Info while MizuDroid appears to use RFC2833, a protocol that OnSIP has yet to support in their mobile app. 

From the OBiHAI Administration Guide, I can force DTFMethod SIPInfo in either ITSP/General  or Voice Services/OBiTALK Service Settings.  Am I on the right track?   If so, should I enable it in Voice Services, ITSP Profile B (associated with Anveo), or ITSP Profile C (associated OnSIP?

Thanks, Norbert