News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 Set Up Problems...

Started by Sall, February 04, 2022, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sall

I'm trying to connect my Obi 200/ Google Voice service with a T-mobile hotspot device.  The recording said there was no "IP address".  I followed the directions on the obitalk website , eventually disconnected my obi from its portal, and deleted the device and reset it, with the intent to Re-add it again.  I began the configuration process according to the tutorials.  However, when I got to the part where I was setting up the device and entered, "http://obiconnect.com/wifi,  this lead me to another page where I found my network name and I entered my home password.  At this point, the process stopped and went to a screen that said the page isn't available anymore.  Why can't I move forward and what must I do to reconnect my Obi 200?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

GeeObi

What I did is configure a router as a client bridge to wirelessly connect to the hotspot and then physically connect (ethernet) all devices like the OBi to the bridge.
I had mine setup like that a few years ago and it worked okay but, the hotspot needed rebooting anywhere from 3 times a day to once in two weeks! The average was once every 3-4 days.
Hotspot internet service reliability is poor in comparison to cable internet. There were no issues with latency however as many would probably expect.