News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 300 not working

Started by GabeOBI300, February 07, 2022, 12:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabeOBI300

I bought a OBI300 from pcliquidations.com and I went to the website to set it up. I dialed the echo number and it worked. So I selected "Echo test passed" and "I want to configure with google voice on this device". I tried calling the **5 number and it told me "there is no call route available to complete this call"
Someone else had this problem and they said that you should update the firmware on it. So i dialed "**1" which told me my IP for the device. And I downloaded there file and updated the firm ware for my device. And now the power light on my obi is blinking green and still does the echo test. Does anyone now what my problem is and could you help me?

Taoman

Quote from: GabeOBI300 on February 07, 2022, 12:05:36 PM
So I selected "Echo test passed" and "I want to configure with google voice on this device".

Where did you get the idea the OBi300 supports Google Voice? It doesn't.

This is the item description from Amazon for the OBi300:
QuoteThe OBi300 is a SIP service provider only product. Note: The OBi300 does not support the Google Voice communications service.

redM

How sure are you that OBi300 does not work with GoogleVoice?

I'm asking because in the Google Voice Setup, Google sais it does...

Thank you!
Marcel

Mariorogue

I am having the exact same issue with my OBI 300 that I bought from Amazon. Very frustrating.

drgeoff

Quote from: Mariorogue on March 06, 2022, 06:16:34 PM
I am having the exact same issue with my OBI 300 that I bought from Amazon. Very frustrating.
OBi3xx models have never supported the consumer (= free as in beer) version of Google Voice.

yellowjacket1974

Was there ever a resolution to the obi3xx issues?

drgeoff

Quote from: yellowjacket1974 on June 29, 2022, 08:59:17 PMWas there ever a resolution to the obi3xx issues?
The only issue which needed to be resolved was that purchasers of OBi300 or 302 were unaware that those models do not support the free version of Google Voice.  They never have and that is intentional, not because any bug or failure/error by Obihai, Google Voice or configuration error by the user.

SteveInWA

Quote from: redM on March 05, 2022, 05:04:06 PMHow sure are you that OBi300 does not work with GoogleVoice?

I'm asking because in the Google Voice Setup, Google sais it does...

Thank you!
Marcel

That page is from the paid, business version of Google Voice for Google Workspace customers.

The OBi 300, along with certain models of Poly IP phones, are supported on GV for Workspace.  They are NOT supported on the consumer version of Google Voice.