News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does the OBi1022 work with consumer Google Voice?

Started by ptF35, February 05, 2022, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptF35

I'm looking to replace a traditional paid land-line with a low cost VOIP alternative.  I've used the OBi200 with Google Voice in the past, but with the announcement that Poly is EOLing the OBi200 series products on 18-Dec-2023 that is not a good option.

My need is simple, a single handset will do.

I'm seeing some reasonably priced OBi1022s in the market and am wondering if that is a viable way to go.  Will that work with the free consumer version Google Voice?

drgeoff

Quote from: ptF35 on February 05, 2022, 11:23:36 AM
I'm looking to replace a traditional paid land-line with a low cost VOIP alternative.  I've used the OBi200 with Google Voice in the past, but with the announcement that Poly is EOLing the OBi200 series products on 18-Dec-2023 that is not a good option.

My need is simple, a single handset will do.

I'm seeing some reasonably priced OBi1022s in the market and am wondering if that is a viable way to go.  Will that work with the free consumer version Google Voice?
Yes the OBi10x2 IP phones work with consumer GV just as the OBi2xx ATAs do.  However I would not be confident that they do not have the same sword of Damocles hanging above them.