News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Stopped Making and Receiving Calls

Started by managerharry, January 12, 2022, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

managerharry

My Obi200 using Google Voice first stopped making outbound calls, with errors varying between "the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider" or "rejected by service provider reason 603".  This is not limited to one number, it comes up for anything I call ,even Obi test echo number.  For a while it was still receiving inbound calls, but now those don't come in either. No problems making or receiving Google Voice calls on my cell.  No router changes or any other changes and the Obi has been working in this exact configuration for years.  Is there a generalized outage or bug of some kind that anyone is aware of? 

I have rebooted the Obi multiple times, rebooted my router, and deleted and readded Google Voice to no effect.

Thanks.

mo832

See my post on this same type of issue in the Google Voice/Service Providers section of the forum.

It seems like this might have been a glitch with the Obi system or affecting the Obi system.

Just my hunch.

drgeoff

Quote from: mo832 on January 13, 2022, 09:59:34 AM
See my post on this same type of issue in the Google Voice/Service Providers section of the forum.

It seems like this might have been a glitch with the Obi system or affecting the Obi system.

Just my hunch.
Glitches with the OBi servers cannot affect the making or receiving of any calls other than those made over the Obitalk network, ie those initiated with the **9 prefix.

mo832

Quote from: drgeoff on January 13, 2022, 10:37:54 AM
Glitches with the OBi servers cannot affect the making or receiving of any calls other than those made over the Obitalk network, ie those initiated with the **9 prefix.

If the Obi servers were to go down completely, does this mean your Obi device registered thru Google Voice would continue to make and receive calls, even if you couldn't see the devices on the dashboard?

Taoman

Quote from: mo832 on January 13, 2022, 04:19:57 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on January 13, 2022, 10:37:54 AM

If the Obi servers were to go down completely, does this mean your Obi device registered thru Google Voice would continue to make and receive calls, even if you couldn't see the devices on the dashboard?
Correct.

Rodak

I've seen the exact behavior described by managerharry several times over the last year or so.  We don't make or receive many calls on our Obi200 connected phone, but about half the time when I do attempt to make a call, I get one of those two messages.  Usually I can call in from my cellphone and that works, and seems to kick it into gear and it then starts working for outgoing.  Sometimes I'll just power-reser the OBI200 and that works.  This morning I had this issue with some, but not all, outgoing calls.  Calling in or resetting did not work, but after a while it started working again.  What in the world could be going on here?