News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 212 PSTN Error

Started by bsdaiwa, March 22, 2022, 02:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have the Obi 212 setup with Google Voice and I have a PSTN land line attached. The default is the PSTN line. All worked well a year and a half ago when I left our house in Brazil, I just returned and I find inbound PSTN calls go through fine but outbound calls do not go through. On outbound calls I get a recording in English that says the call cannot go through.
Any ideas what's happening here, any advice?

drgeoff

What is the message? Exact words please.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: drgeoff on March 22, 2022, 03:36:56 PM

It's cut off, but here is what I can hear. "your call. Please try again."

drgeoff

Quote from: bsdaiwa on March 23, 2022, 05:31:44 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on March 22, 2022, 03:36:56 PM

It's cut off, but here is what I can hear. "your call. Please try again."
AFAIK no OBi generated message contains "Please try again."  If correct that means it is coming into the OBi from elsewhere.  I think Google Voice messages can end with those words.  Especially if they are being spoken by a female, you should check the Call History to see if those calls really are going out on the Line port.

Or just unplug the PSTN cord and try again.  If you still hear that message then it is certainly not coming in on the PSTN line.

bsdaiwa

Sorry, my stupidly, when I left over a year and a half ago I set the Primary Line to SP3. Once I set it back to PSTN Line all works as it should.