News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't change parameters - ChannelTxGain and ChannelRxGain

Started by BobInNH, April 07, 2022, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobInNH

People say they can't hear my voice.  Research shows I need to change these parameters.  But, I've tried the local and the web interfaces and they won't change.  Web interface won't take a number when you click in the box.

How do you change parameters?

ChannelTxGain
ChannelRxGain

Supposedly -12 to +6  can be used.  Would larger numbers indicate people could hear me better?

drgeoff

Use the web interface via your dashboard at obtalk.com. Click as necessary in the two boxes at the right hand side of each line until both boxes are clear.  Then you can edit the parameter.  When done, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

Note that the nomenclature is from the point of view of the OBi.  Tx gain changes what the OBi sends to you. Ie changes what you hear.  Rx gain changes the level sent to the other end.

Higher numbers are louder than smaller numbers.  Don't be fooled by negative numbers. -4 is a higher number than -5. +1 is a higher number than -2.

BobInNH

Thanks, I figure it out.  What was weird is when I unchecked the ObiTalk Settings box it automatically checked the Default box - I thought it was a toggle and tried to change the numbers.  Then I realized I could uncheck both boxes and then it allowed me to change the settings.  Very strange UI.

I've been playing with them and leaving myself voicemails on my cell.  So far, I can't hear a difference at + or - 6

Taoman

Quote from: BobInNH on April 07, 2022, 11:06:24 AM

I've been playing with them and leaving myself voicemails on my cell.  So far, I can't hear a difference at + or - 6

I just tested it and noticed a definite difference. At 6 I was over modulating.

What setting exactly are you changing?