News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No one seems to read or comment in the OBiPlus-Solutions section

Started by davefred99, September 28, 2012, 09:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefred99

I am looking at installing the ObiPlus Basic services on my Obi202 but am not sure what I might be in for. I have posted a couple of times in the past few days in the ObiPlus section but they seem to go mostly un noticed.
Can anyone who is or has installed this ObiPlus service on there OBi 202 comment on how it actually works and what if anything It might effect as far as my current setup. It appears from reading the tutorials to just add mostly the PBx type functions like IVR & extensions but I am afraid to jump into this for fear it might muck up my current settings. Not that I could not start over but because I know and have not been able to see or read any reviews or comments about it.
I also have an OBi110 that is setup on sp1 to be an extension to my test project asterisk box and am mosty afraid adding that as a new extension to the Master OBi202 will mess that up. It appears to me that once you add an obi100/110 as an extension to the Master Obi101 the service downloads some config files to the extension and that extension is no longer able to be used for anything but and exension for one phone device which would render my ability to use the unused SP1/2 as and extension trunk route to my Asterisk ?
So I am hoping some of you beta testers or new users might comment on some of this and how it works for you.

thanks in advance, Dave :-\

jimates

As beta testers we haven't "tested" anything in over a year. And prior to that we only tested the new firmware versions prior to their general release.

I do not recall anyone ever posting, that has used the ObiPlus.

As far as Obitalk changing the configuration on your existing device, if the Obitalk Settings box that relates to the referenced field is not checked, Obitalk normally does not manage that field. Of course that could change with the ObiPlus.

drgeoff

Necro of the year.  Maybe even of the entire history of this forum.