News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues with getting the obihai connected to the internet

Started by KrisK, April 21, 2022, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisK

Hello,
I am having some difficulties with my obihai device within the last few months. When the obihai device loses power and has to reconnect it struggles to get an IP address and connect back to the router after the device loses power. At times it doesn't connect back at all and I have to do a factory reset on the obihai device and even that has issues with doing a factory reset. Like the lights on the device light up but the device doesn't seem to respond. Sometimes it finally shows online and I connect to the web portal and it asks to be flashed with a firmware. But nothing seems to work. It usually takes days before I can finally actually proceed with a factory reset and once I do I am able to add the device back to my obitalk online account.

Does anybody else face this similar issue?

I have the original obihai 200 device NOT the poly version

drgeoff

Have you tried

1. A different ethernet cable

2.  A different  LAN socket on the router

3.  Rebooting the router, then waiting 3 minutes before rebooting the OBi.

KrisK

Yes I have tried a different Ethernet cable as well as try a different LAN socket with no luck. I have also tried rebooting everything one by one with no luck. I have even plugged the Obi into another router connected to a separate connection to the internet with no luck.

It for some reason seems to struggle obtaining an IP address.

Taoman

Quote from: KrisK on April 22, 2022, 07:35:49 AMIt for some reason seems to struggle obtaining an IP address.

Then give your OBi device a static ip address. You can do it on the OBi device itself but I would recommend doing it on your router using the MAC address of your OBi.

KrisK

I can not even get the obi to connect to the internet to be able to give it a static ip.