News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi2182 can call out and receive calls but no audio comes through

Started by BobInNH, March 02, 2023, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobInNH

OBi2182 connected to Google Voice can call out and receive calls but no audio comes through.  9-month old unit has worked flawlessly but now no audio.  I can call it and it rings but no audio.  I can call out and it rings on the other phone but again no audio.

Any thoughts?

drgeoff

Quote from: BobInNH on March 02, 2023, 10:36:38 AMOBi2182 connected to Google Voice can call out and receive calls but no audio comes through.  9-month old unit has worked flawlessly but now no audio.  I can call it and it rings but no audio.  I can call out and it rings on the other phone but again no audio.

Any thoughts?
Dial the echo test number **9 222 222 222.  Do you hear the spoken voice?

BobInNH

Tried that, no, can't hear anything.  Also tried rebooting and then power down/up.

Since I can't hear the echo test number I concluded it wasn't a GV problem.  Am I right?

N7AS

Check your router. SIP ALG has to be disabled. Maybee it was changed somehow.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.