News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Outbound Calls After EOL

Started by azrobert, May 27, 2022, 07:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Quote from: Taoman on October 17, 2022, 06:20:33 AMThat change fixed the issue!

I assume the compiled version would also have to be executed from a folder containing AHKhttp.ahk and AHKsock.ahk?

Great to hear! I doubled the wait time just to be safe. It added 2 seconds to the process time and probably doesn't have to be that long. I don't know if you want to screw with something that works, but you can try 2500 to speed things up.

Your assumption is incorrect. You don't need to other 2 scripts.

azrobert

Quote from: Taoman on October 17, 2022, 06:20:33 AMI really think this is a great solution and I hope it gets more traction on DSLR/Reddit/OBiTALK if and when OBi devices can no longer directly connect to Google Voice.

Not much interest at all. You're the first person that acknowledged trying the script. Maybe it will pick up the closer we get to the drop dead date.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 17, 2022, 08:03:26 AMbut you can try 2500 to speed things up.

I got it down to 2400. At 2300 it started puking again.

Quote from: azrobert on October 17, 2022, 09:05:10 AMMaybe it will pick up the closer we get to the drop dead date.
I'm guessing it definitely will.

Edit: Compiled version works just fine.

Taoman

Ran into a "gotcha" this evening that you may want to address in the script.

Since I now have an open window to my GV account at all times when using the script I use it to send and read SMS rather than opening a new tab. However, if you leave it on the SMS/messages page and then try to make a call using the script it fails miserably.

The script seems to work if I'm on the voicemail, archive, or spam page but fails if I'm on the messages page. Does it work for you if the GV window is on the messages page and you make a call?

azrobert

I already fixed the problem. I realized the bug because of your answer to one of my questions. The problem happens because the window name changes. This also happens when you click on a call history or voicemail entries. The fix is looking only for window name beginning with "Voice". This new version also works when you're in GV Settings, I do a Page Back. I included the change you needed, but used value 2500.

I'll post this update tomorrow.

Edit:
Script will fail if you're in Help or Audio Settings.

Taoman

Unfortunately, new script is not working at all for me now because I switch primary and secondary mouse buttons because of my carpal tunnel. You must have made some additional changes because even if the GV window is on the Calls page the mouse moves over to the right and just reloads the GV page and then minimizes.

If I switch mouse buttons back to normal the script works as expected.

I had to switch back to the old script.

azrobert

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 18, 2022, 10:15:11 AMHere's the fix for the right mouse button:

Yes, I know. That was the first thing I did with the new script.

Problem I described is after I made that switch.

I'll give it another try.

Taoman

Ok, it is working if GV window is on Calls page. But if GV window is on messages page I get a certificate popup. I put in a "return" to stop it at that point. See attached.

Edit: If GV window is closed and I make a call, when the GV window opens it is not maximized.

azrobert

It works for me from the message page. I don't know what it's doing to get that popup. I manually clicked on different points on the screen and can't reproduce the error. I'm going to be busy most of the afternoon and won't be able to look at this. Can you try to manually reproduce the popup?

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 18, 2022, 11:32:40 AMCan you try to manually reproduce the popup?

Took me awhile but I found it.

Click on lock at far left of url address field.
A popup screen will appear.
Then click on "Connection is secure"
That's the screen that the script ends at and then GV window minimizes.

Edit: I think I fixed the issue by adding the following code. I don't understand how it was working for you without this code if your GV window was on the Messages page?

if WinExist("Voice - Messages")          ; Does a GV Messages exist?
  {
  WinActivate
  Send !{Left}                          ; Go Back to GV Calls
  Sleep 200                           
  }

Edit2: Everything seems to be working now as expected with the added code. Haven't been able to break it so far.
My guess is you meant to add that code but forgot?

azrobert

I'm back, but have to leave again in about half hour.

I don't understand how the script can fail like that. It's the exact same code whether you're on calls or messages. My message page looks like the call page. The only difference is the left column has messages instead of call history.

The script does a mouse click around the phone symbol and some tabs and enters. The place it clicks is based on the screen size. I can't get to the lock symbol with tabs and enters. The only way is to mouse click directly on the lock symbol. Even if it did that, the same thing should happen on the call page.

Is the GV window full size or smaller?
Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings.
Is the text size 100%
What is the Display Resolution.

Edit:
In the script find where I type the outbound number, %dialnum%
put a return immediate after
Does the script type the outbound number?

Now move the return after the Enter.
Do you get the forwarding number popup?

Taoman

Damn. Had long answer typed out but it logged me out and I lost all of it.

If messages icon is highlighted in GV window I go to lock symbol after 2 tabs. If calls icon is highlighted I get to lock symbol after around 20 tabs because it tabs thru every suggested Contact.

GV window is full size.
Text size is 125%.
Display Resolution is 1920 x 1080

Quote from: azrobert on October 18, 2022, 02:53:12 PMEdit:
In the script find where I type the outbound number, %dialnum%
put a return immediate after
Does the script type the outbound number?

Now move the return after the Enter.
Do you get the forwarding number popup?

Tried but I never get that far if messages icon is highlighted. I go to lock symbol then certificate popup I posted above. Then it's full stop and minimize.
But if calls icon is highlighted everything works as expected.

But if I uncomment out the code I added then everything works everywhere.

Taoman

Ok, help me out here because I'm no code jockey and don't know what I'm doing or talking about.

However, in your script I only see "Send !{Left}" (which sends me back to calls icon) when ("Voice - Settings") exists. Why don't you have a "Send !{Left}" if ("Voice - Messages") exists?

Quote from: azrobert on October 17, 2022, 11:47:28 PMThe fix is looking only for window name beginning with "Voice".

This doesn't appear to be the case for me.

So I tested your script when I was highlighting all the other icons: voicemail, archive, and spam and they all work along with calls. It's only messages that screws up because after 2 tabs I'm on the lock symbol. Go figure.

Same results if I open GV window manually. If messages icon is highlighted then 2 tabs lands me on the lock symbol.

Same results if opening GV window in Firefox.

azrobert

I found a problem with the Messages page. The layout changes depending on the window size. When the width is less than about 3/4 size, it causes everything on the right to disappear, including where you enter the outbound number. A 4:3 aspect ratio monitor might always have this problem. I don't have one, so I can't test. You can maximize the window for 16:9 monitor, but that might not fix a 4:3. I think your fix to page back to the Calls page is the best solution. It's strange that the Messages page is the only one with this problem.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 18, 2022, 10:30:02 PMI found a problem with the Messages page. The layout changes depending on the window size. When the width is less than about 3/4 size, it causes everything on the right to disappear, including where you enter the outbound number.

Now I'm really confused. When you have the messages icon highlighted do you still see the dialpad and dialing icon on the right hand part of the screen? I don't although I do see it with all other icons: calls, voicemail, archive, and spam. But not with messages. So when your script has the mouse go to the right part of the screen to make the dialer active there's nothing there to activate.

I'm using a 27" high quality Dell monitor with 16:9 aspect ratio and GV window is full size.

Edit: Ok, found the problem. It's because I have text size set to 125%. When I set it back to 100% I get the dialer on the right hand part of the screen when messages icon is highlighted and your script then works. Unfortunately, I have poor eyesight and I need to have text size set to 125% so I'll have to stick with my solution.

I think you should include that little block of code in your script also in case there are other old-timers like me or anyone with limited eyesight that might run into the same issue.

azrobert

When the window is 3/4 up to full size, the dial pad, the number field and phone symbol appear. If the window is resized less than about 3/4 everything on the right disappears. This only happens in Messages.

I have a 27" LG 1920x1080 monitor. I don't have a 4K monitor.

The Page Back fix will work either way.

I added a 3rd parm (parm3=R) to indicate when the mouse buttons were switched. I only tested that it didn't screw up anything with the default mouse settings. Could you test when the buttons are switched. I already made changes to the instructions.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?msg=112105

Do you think the script needs any more mods? I don't want to post if it needs more changes.

Taoman

First I forgot to put in my computer's ip address. Then I forgot I had put 2 returns in the script for testing. Then I realized I forgot to change parm 2 and it rang my cell phone instead of Callcentric. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Anyway, after fixing all that it seems to be working normally.

But I'm going to get some coffee and come back and do some more testing.

Taoman

I know you don't want to hear this but the new GV_server.ahk is not working for me.

First problem is mouse buttons. Script doesn't seem to recognize my mouse buttons are switched. I have the parm 3 set to R. Only way I can get it to work is by commenting out:

else
    MouseClick, Left, %M1%, %M2%

Second problem is if messages icon is highlighted I still have same problem of 2nd tab takes me to lock symbol.

I have to leave for now. Will be back later to look at it more closely.

Taoman

Didn't realize you deleted latest version of GV_server.ahk. I made so many edits I deleted it and wanted to download it again to test.

I reverted back to my previous version with the couple edits I made and everything really does work for me. Whether the GV window is open or closed or if the messages icon is highlighted or not. Everything seems to work and I can't seem to break it.

Leaving again for a few hours.