News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED : Dropped calls with my Obi100 and Google Voice

Started by jagablack, November 09, 2011, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagablack

Hello,
I have been using my OBi100 device with Google Voice for some time now.  I am using the latest firmware and have a stable, fast internet connection (25mb down/1mb up).
Voice quality is great while I am talking using the device, but I get FREQUENT dropped calls.
I have forwarded a number of ports on my router to help (both UDP and TCP):
19302,5222,19294-19295,5060-5061,16600-16698. (screenshot attached)
However, I still get repeated dropped calls.  Any advice?  Thanks.

jagablack

UPDATE - I put in a support request with this same information, and they upgraded my firmware to a newer version than GA with the hopes of repairing my issue.  I also placed my device in the DMZ of my network.
Now I just have to test it over the next week and see if it drops calls.  I AM very pleased at the same-day response time of Obi support!!

jagablack

The new firmware did not fix it.  I had two calls dropped tonight.
Doesn't seem like I can talk for longer than 10 minutes before it drops a call.

jimates

In the beginning I had problems with dropped calls from the start. I changed the router and have never had another problem.

jagablack

I have been through so many routers already... this has been the most stable/functional one yet.
Router Model
Netgear WNR3500v2/U/L
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) mega - build 14896

I have port forwarding working for other apps with no problem (torrents, rdp, gmote, unified remote, etc).

I have also tried giving the Obi device highest priority of traffic on the QOS settings.

Thanks for any other suggestions than "get a new router".  I would sooner separate from a beloved pet.
You can take my gigabit N router with DDWRT from my cold, dead hands.

lhm.

@jagablack

Do you have this problem in the DMZ?

RonR

Quote from: jagablack on November 13, 2011, 07:20:08 PM
...this has been the most stable/functional one yet.
Router Model
Netgear WNR3500v2/U/L
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) mega - build 14896

FWIW, this is the router I use, but with Tomato v1.28.

I've never seen a dropped call.

jagablack

I have seen the same problem with the Obi device while in the DMZ.

jagablack

Update on this case... after trying putting obi in DMZ and even trying a totally different router, I still had static and dropped calls.
I RMA'd the Obi and received a new one.
Since I recieved the new one, I haven't had any problems.  The Obi site says that it needs a firmware upgrade, but I am not going to do it since it is working and I had problems with my old device on the newest firmware.

Thanks,
Jaga