News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

newb questions

Started by Scottka, December 07, 2022, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottka

Hi,
I just learned about obitalk and obi devices.  I have two phones connected, only 1 line is provisioned with google voice #.

I tried several areas that I found in settings that had call forwarding listed, including the star codes.

All forwarding works, however, what I am trying to accomplish is that when a call that originates from the obi device and fwds to my cell, I dont want to sound dumb to my customers. I want to say ty for calling MYCOMPANY.  how can i get MYCOMPANY to be the caller id vs the callers actual number appearing?

drgeoff

Your post is not 100% clear. Do you have another service provider phone number configured on the OBi in addition to GV? Is that what you mean by "two phones connected"?

If yes, and you are using GV to forward incoming calls on the other number, then your GV number will appear on your cellphone. There is no setting on the OBi which can change that. Not an OBi limitation. GV does not support spoofing.