News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No line

Started by KentF, June 21, 2022, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentF

I have been using my OBI200 for quite a while, but now the connected phone has started displaying "No Line". I tried updating the firmware, but it said I'm already on the current level. Any suggestions?

drgeoff

Unlikely to be a firmware or configuration problem. Your phone is telling you that it isn't detecting voltage on the cable from the OBi200.

Check that the cable between OBi and phone is properly plugged in at both ends. If still not working try another cable. Connect directly between OBi and phone, not via any extension or house wiring.

If still not working go to your dashboard at obitalk.com. On the line for your OBi200 click the gearwheel containing a red E. At the left click on Status and then on Phone Status. Report back here the values shown for LoopCurrent, VBAT and TipRingVoltage.

KentF

Thanks, but I've tried two different cables, one connected directly to the phone.

I don't see a gear wheel with a red E. I see what's in the attachment.

When I click on the gear wheel (without a red E), I see Device Configuration but nothing labeled "Status". (Second attachment).

Taoman

If you would have scrolled down a little further on that Config page you would have seen a button that says "OBi Expert Configuration."

But to see the gear icon with the red E you need to enable it in your profile. Click on "Edit Profile" (in the left column) and scroll to the bottom and check "Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard." While you're at it, uncheck "View Softphone on Dashboard" as it's useless clutter.

KentF

Thanks. Everything is blank in my phone status.

drgeoff

Unfortunately your OBi has an unrepairable hardware fault. A common cause is that the PHONE port has been connected to house wiring which has not been properly isolated from external telco cable. Your mention that one of the two phone cords you tried was direct between phone and OBi suggests that was not how the two were normally connected.