News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 > Google Voice no audio

Started by ralpheburns, June 23, 2022, 10:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralpheburns

Hello - I've been an Obitalk user for years from my home office.

Now there is no audio in / out after successfully placing a call.  I can test to myself using a cell phone.

The firmware is up to date (OBi2xx-3-2-2-8680EX.fw).  Have sometimes been able to reboot the Obihai, internet modem (275˅/18^) or handset (Panasonic KX-TGE) and temporarily regain voice ability, but that is no longer working and certainly there is no reliability.

What do you suggest for troubleshooting?

ralpheburns

Update:  Incoming calls are working today with audio.  Outgoing calls ring and answer but there is no audio in or out. 

ralpheburns

NO change:  Incoming calls are working with in & out audio.  Outgoing calls ring and answer but there is no audio in or out.

ralpheburns

I replaced the Obi200 with an older Obi202 and all is working now.  No idea if it was hardware or the act of re-installation.  Seeking support left me wanting. 

Koby

Since you did that, maybe try doing a full factory reset on the OBi200 and start over from scratch. It's possible that some obscure configuration option was causing the issue and a factory reset will get rid of it.  But you will probably need to remove it from the ObiTalk web interface first, otherwise the first time it connects to that it will reload your previous configuration which kind of defeats the purpose of the factory reset.

Scottmartin

"End of support" means Poly/OBi won't be making firmware updates after 2023. Our OBi devices will continue to work with Google Voice until Google makes a radical change that requires a firmware update from Poly.