News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Down?

Started by Italian, July 18, 2022, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian

As of this morning I am not able to receive calls on my Obi 202, but I can call out.

Also, instead of the regular dialtone I am getting an odd dialtone, similar to a busy signal.

Anyone?

drgeoff

Dialtone is generated by the OBi.  Not dependent on GV or any service provider.  You can prove that by unplugging the ethernet cable and lifting the handset.

If GV was down the forum would be awash with posts.  Looks like the problem is specific to you.  Are you getting the same dial tone if you plug the phone into the other phone jack on your 202?

Italian

Both port 1 and port 2 give that odd dialtone similar to a busy signal, yet I can call out, just no calls coming in at all on none of the 4 lines.

drgeoff

Have you tried removing power from the 202 for 30 seconds?

First thought is "stutter" dial tone as mentioned in second paragraph of page 22 of the Admin Guide https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf.

However, GV does not send Message Waiting info to OBis.  Are any of your four SPs configured with other ITSPs?

Italian

Yes, I just tried it again, no difference.

Italian

Quote from: drgeoff on July 18, 2022, 11:56:21 AMHowever, GV does not send Message Waiting info to OBis.  Are any of your four SPs configured with other ITSPs?

No other ITSPs.

Incoming calls not working on all 4 lines on stutter dialtone must be somehow related. Maybe some kind of do not disturb or something like that is activated on all lines of the device?

Italian

I fixed it manually from the settings. Somehow the DND was activated on all 4 lines.