News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I can't figure this out

Started by bill-cary, July 24, 2022, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

I have a complicated phone system that has been working as designed for a long time. TODAY, it is presenting a mystery.
I have an OBI200 and an OBI100. The handset on the 100 dials thru the 200 via OBITALK number. All 4 numbers on the 200 are GV numbers.
When I dial my cell number via the 200 handset I get a 487 intercept.
If I dial my wife's cell number or any other number, it works fine.
When I dial my cell number via the 100 handset, I either get a 503 intercept, or WHILE it is RINGING I get a message that the cell is unavailable, or the number has not rcvd a response form the service provider.
I have power reset my whole network - router and OBIs.
My cell is on AT&T and wife's is on Verizon.
Who's problem is it? OBI, GV, AT&T??????????

drgeoff

Quote from: bill-cary on July 24, 2022, 10:33:00 AMI have a complicated phone system that has been working as designed for a long time. TODAY, it is presenting a mystery.
I have an OBI200 and an OBI100. The handset on the 100 dials thru the 200 via OBITALK number. All 4 numbers on the 200 are GV numbers.
When I dial my cell number via the 200 handset I get a 487 intercept.
If I dial my wife's cell number or any other number, it works fine.
When I dial my cell number via the 100 handset, I either get a 503 intercept, or WHILE it is RINGING I get a message that the cell is unavailable, or the number has not rcvd a response form the service provider.
I have power reset my whole network - router and OBIs.
My cell is on AT&T and wife's is on Verizon.
Who's problem is it? OBI, GV, AT&T??????????

What happens when you dial your cellphone from your wife's cellphone?

bill-cary

no problem dialing to or from my cell phone with her cell phone.
The issue appears to be related to GV or OBI == but I haven't eliminated AT&T yet either.
The latest F/W on both OBIs - the 200 is set to auto update on startup.

drgeoff

I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that none of your OBi hardware, their configs or any user modifiable settings at voice.google.com is the cause.  If I am correct there is nothing you can adjust to fix it.

To eliminate the OBIs you could try calling your cellphone from:

1.  Google Voice app on wife's cellphone

and/or

2.  The GV "app" available via Chrome browser on a PC.

bill-cary

Thanks
Unfortunately, I get the same message dialing thru the Chrome app.
Next idea?

NEWS FLASH, I just tried to dial my son's AT&T number does the same as my AT&T number. I get a 487 intercept.

SO, is anyone else's GV not able to dial an AT&T wireless number???????

UPDATE = today I can call my son's ATT number but still can't call mine.