News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Time settings in Obitalk portal

Started by ProfTech, November 30, 2011, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

I have been studying up on how to use the portal since I am deploying 2 Obi 100's to places on the other side of the world. I  think I've figured out the expert interface and how it works but regarding the time settings; The main Obitalk screen gives you the option to set Daylight Saving time y/n and the time zone. But if I am using DST, how do I view / configure the start & end days and the offset?

ShermanObi

When connecting locally to the OBi's integral web server configuration pages, the configuration of the OBi Daylight Savings attributes are available in the System Management - Network Settings menu.

The DST setting is available in OBiTALK on the main Device Configuration page. The Network Settings are not available on the OBi Expert Configuration pages. The changeover day / time is set by the OBiTALK service. If you have a specific time-zone where you wish to deploy the units, you can discover this time on your own by setting the DST via OBiTALK and then inspecting the device web-page setting. Alternatively, you can e-mail support@obihai.com with the specific time zone and request to know the OBiTALK setting.

FYI only, from the OBi Device Admin Guide:
http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc304466437

Daylight Saving Time Start Date.
Format: month/day/weekday/hh:mm::ss, where month=1-12, day=±(1-31), weekday=0,1-7 (0=special, 1=Monday, 7=Sunday), hh=0-23,mm=0-59,ss=0-59.

If weekday=0, daylight saving starts on the given month/day; otherwise it starts on the weekday on or after the given month/day if day > 0, or on the weekday on or before the last-day-of-given-month+day+1 (note that day = -1 equivalent to last day of the month).

:ss may be omitted if the value is 0; :mm:ss may be omitted if mm and ss are both 0.

Daylight Saving Time End Date.
Same format as Start Date

Daylight Saving Time Diff.

Amount of time to add to current time during Daylight Saving Time.
Format: [-]hh:mm:ss.
:ss may be omitted if it is 0; :mm:ss may be omitted if both are 0.

ProfTech

Thanks for the response. I will try a couple of different settings in Obitalk and see what changes in the device.