News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Device Missing

Started by TWOJ, August 11, 2022, 03:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWOJ

I have my OBI202set up and working with GV.  I did this last year.  This is the good part.

Here is the bad:  I remember seeing OBI202 in the 'My OBi Devices' when I log into https://www.obitalk.com, but it is no longer there?!

And now I'm not sure how I got the GV number either?  Did obitalk provision the GV#?   I checked all my google accounts and none of them point the phone number that is currently working in the OBI202.

I do have an account with anveo for E911 service, if that helps.

Can someone shed some light how to get me out of this pickle? ??? 

drgeoff

Do you have more than one account at obitalk.com?

TWOJ

I do not think so.  I always use the same gmail account.
I have a confirmation email from obitalk when I set up the account.

Now when I log it I get the:

June 2nd, 2022
*** Important notice to OBiTALK customers*** On June 7th, 2022 We will start upgrading the security settings of our servers.

Devices with very old firmware will no longer be able to connect.

The most recent firmware can be downloaded here. The last four digits of your firmware version (aka build number) must be greater than 4464 to continue to connect.

message.  Could it be bad firmware of obi202?  I'm running:      3.2.2 (Build: 8680EX)

drgeoff

If the OBi is otherwise working OK I doubt the firmware is bad.  Even if it were it wouldn't cause the OBi to disappear from your dashboard.  Once added to the dashboard even an unpowered or disconnected OBi remains there but shown with a grey dot instead of a green one in the Status column.

From what you have written it seems that calls to the GV number are ringing and can be answered on the OBi.  In which case there is no way that can happen without the OBi being visible in your settings at voice.google.com.  But you need to be logged in to the correct Google account.  If you don't see the appropriate phone number immediately underneath "Call as" towards top right of the page then you are not logged in to the correct account.

If you are truly logged in to the correct account at obitalk.com and your Obi is not shown on the dashboard then the only cause I can think of for that is an issue with the portal or your account on it.  However any problem with either of those could not change what was previously showing at voice.google.com.

TWOJ2

Thank you for the response drgeoff.  I seem to have more question and no good answers yet.

1) Is there a such a thing to use the obi info to lookup what account it is associated with?

2) Is it safe to 'ADD' a device again?  Would that even work if it is already associated with an existing account?

3) When I initially created my account, I used the google sign in process; so I never created a password.   Today when I log in and go over the the forum, my credentials are no longer recognized and the 'forum' thinks I did not log in yet.  I can not seem to be able to log in and have that carry over to the forum, this is why I created a new account, and posting from it now.

drgeoff

1a. No there is nothing in the OBi's onboard web server pages that can show you the portal account details.

1b.  Maybe Obihai tech support can determine the account email address from the OBi number and/or serial number.  Even if possible, they may not be readily willing to tell it to you for privacy/security reasons.

2a. If you try to add a device to portal account B while it is still registered to portal account A you will get a failure message saying that.

2b. If you have a device which is no longer registered to any portal account yo can add it to any portal account you have. Before doing so I would advise that you disable Obitalk Provisioning otherwise the default settings on the portal might overwrite anything you have previously configured.

3.  I have never used a "Sign in with Google" method for anything so cannot comment on that.

TWOJ2

Hello drgeoff

Thank you for clueing me in on tech support,  I reached out to Poly and they were able to help out.  Turns out I did have ANOTHER google account!  Now all is well!

Thank you for taking the time and posting here.

Regards