News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cannot access Obi202 via IP Address with browser

Started by martinsmithson, August 13, 2022, 05:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsmithson

Looking to check and if necessary update firmware on my Obi202.

***1 states my IP Address is 10.0.0.60

When I enter this IP Address in my browser, the system responds "The requested URL was not found!"

I also have an Obi200 with IP Address 10.0.0.85, and when I enter this IP Address in my browser, the GUI opens and I am able to navigate throughout the GUI including SYSTEM MANAGEMENT > Device Administration and Device Update.

Signing into my Obitalk account (online), selecting the Obi202 device, and entering EXPERT CONFIGURATION and navigating to SYSTEM MANAGEMENT, I discovered there is no option for Device Update. However, there is for Device Administration, but no update option there either.

Believing it may lead to a solution - I performed a FACTORY RESET on the Obi202, but all that did was force me to re-establish my SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4 account setting. It did NOT fix the IP Address (which remained the same) and browser issue - I still cannot access the Obi202 GUI.

I have  no idea why I cannot access my Obi202 using its'  IP Address and my browser.

Any thoughts or possible solutions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Martin2022-08-13 - Obi202 - IP Address ISSUE.jpg2022-08-13 - Obi202 - EXPERT CONFIG - System Management - NO DEVICE UPDATE.jpg2022-08-13 - Obi200 - GUI.jpg   

GeeObi

Before you can log into the Obi you need to "Enable WAN" from Phone:
 Dial ***0 from the phone
 Enter 30#
 Press 1 to Enter a New Value
 Press 1# to Enable
 Press 1 to Save

martinsmithson

Thank you, GeeObi , your suggestion (solution) worked PRECISELY as you knew it would!

FIVE STARS for GeeObi  ;D  and a HIP HIP HORRAY!!

Thanks for solving my problem, GeeObi, I could not have done it without you.

Best regards,

Martin

lottamoxie

Quote from: GeeObi on August 13, 2022, 10:33:30 PMBefore you can log into the Obi you need to "Enable WAN" from Phone:
 Dial ***0 from the phone
 Enter 30#
 Press 1# to Enable
 Press 1 to Save

I'm trying this and when I enter 30# from my connected phone I get, "option invalid."

drgeoff

Quote from: lottamoxie on September 08, 2022, 08:34:43 AM
Quote from: GeeObi on August 13, 2022, 10:33:30 PMBefore you can log into the Obi you need to "Enable WAN" from Phone:
 Dial ***0 from the phone
 Enter 30#
 Press 1# to Enable
 Press 1 to Save

I'm trying this and when I enter 30# from my connected phone I get, "option invalid."
What OBi model?  This is only relevant for OBis that have two ethernet sockets.

Kunlaik

You can try resetting your Obi202 device to its factory settings. To do this, press and hold the reset button on the device for 10 seconds until the lights blink rapidly. After the device has reset, try accessing it again using its IP address and your browser.

drgeoff

^^-spammer.

(And wrong suggestion as resetting an OBi202 restores the default setting of disabled access from the WAN port.)