News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi312 setup with AvayaCloud SIP to Line Port for FXO connection

Started by bshrestha, September 08, 2022, 06:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshrestha

Hello,

I have Valcom four doors buzzers which required FXO connection. We have just migrated to the cloud phone system and now door system is not working. I have just bought Obi312 and configured SIP but unable to setup LINE Port to make it work. Any help will be appreciated.

drgeoff

bshrestha

drgeoff, What kind of information you need? please let me know.

I am just trying to setup Obi312 ATA to make it work with Valcom V-2904 4 door answering system which only works with FXO connection. When someone at the door press the button then it will ring to designated phone number and the staff can answer the call.

drgeoff

"unable to setup LINE Port to make it work." is not much help in determining what problem you are having.

With the default settings for the 312's LINE port, when a door button is pressed and the Valcom rings the LINE port of the OBi312 the LINE LED of the OBi should flash and an analogue phone plugged into the OBi's PHONE jack should ring.  Taking that phone off-hook should answer the call and two-way conversation with the door plate should ensue.  Does all that happen?

I assume that instead of the analogue phone in the OBi's PHONE jack you instead want to "remote" that using SIP  Is that correct?

With the analogue phone still in the OBi's PHONE jack is the SIP configuration such that dialling the requisite number on the analogue phone rings the target SIP phone and, when it answers the call, bothway conversation is possible?

If all good so far then change the LINE port InboundCallRoute from its default

ph

to the appropriate customisation of

spx(nnnn)

where x is the number 1 through 4 of the SP configured for the SIP provider and nnnn is the number of the SIP phone.  (May be more or less than 4 digits.)