News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Something went wrong" turning on call-forwarding using GVoice via browser

Started by MSRobi, September 15, 2022, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSRobi

The past few days, I've gotten the error "Something went wrong, please try again" when turning on forwarding to my OBI device.  I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro PC, and using the link voice.google.com.  I usually turn forwarding off at night, and then turn forwarding back on in the morning.  Turning forwarding off always works, but the last few mornings I get the error turning forwarding on.  Other linked numbers have no problems turning forwarding on-and-off.  Just the OBi device has the problem.

Nothing else is wrong with the OBi device, this is just a web-based issue.  I found a work-around: Use Google Voice app on my android phone, and turn on forwarding using the app after getting into settings.

MSRobi

This morning I was able to turn on forwarding to my OBi device without getting the error "Something went wrong, please try again" message, using Google Chrome at voice.google.com.  I didn't do anything, so Google must have fixed it.

Using Google Voice on my android phone during this time always worked and was my work-around to the problem.

ChairSpud

Have had the same experience except while using the Safari browser, kind of made it difficult while diagnosing a GVoice to CallCentric configuration.