News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The ";d=[delay-in-seconds]" parameter after the number to call

Started by dialtone, November 30, 2011, 01:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dialtone

According to the Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.3.0(2575) ...
Quote...  - All InboundCallRoute and OutboundCallRoute syntax will
take a ";d=[delay-in-seconds]" parameter after the number to call
from the specified trunk, and to insert a delay before the trunk
makes the call. For example, SP1(18002211212;d=3) tells the OBi
to call the number from SP1 after a 3-second delay.

Can the OBi route an inbound call (to my Google voice number) to...
the phone connected to the phone port after a 2-second delay
AND
the a mobile phone at 234-567-8901 after a 12-second delay

So if I don't pick up the phone at the desk, 10 seconds later it will ring the mobile phone.

Stewart

In theory, it would work.  Unfortunately, GV voicemail will pick up after 25 seconds and you have no control over that.  With e.g. a ten second delay to call the mobile, setup time to mobile of about eight seconds, plus various other delays in the system, including time for your answer to propagate back, you would have only about two seconds (!) to answer the mobile; otherwise the call would go to GV voicemail.

AFAIK, the only fix is to use another provider, instead of GV, for the incoming call.  You would still face two issues: without careful choice of provider for the outbound leg (and the technical hassles of using them), you would not be able to show the caller ID of the original caller on your mobile.  Also, most callers are impatient; after hearing about 30 seconds of ringing (without voicemail picking up), they will assume nobody will answer and just hang up.

One possible solution is a system that plays a message to the caller, e.g. "Please wait while your party is located."  I don't know whether it's possible to implement that cleanly on the OBi.  Another option would be a system that knows whether you are near your desk, e.g. by detecting the Bluetooth signal from your mobile.  A script would then programmatically set GV to send calls to your mobile, only when you're away from the desk.

dialtone

Ok.

According to the following post from RonR ...

Quote from: RonR on March 27, 2011, 03:07:04 PM
Quote from: joshhighley on March 27, 2011, 02:35:36 PM
With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?
There are three kinds of call forwarding:

Call Forward Unconditional - The OBi phone doesn't ring

Call Forward On Busy - The OBi phone is in use

Call Forward On No Answer - The OBi phone will ring a selectable number of times before it stops and the call is forwarded

Using the InboundCallRoute, you should have simultaneous ring with:

{ph,SPx(12345678901)} - The OBi phone and the called phone should ring until one answers

...it is possible to send an inbound call to the OBi phone and a called phone.
Can the ";d=[delay-in-seconds]" parameter be used in conjunction with this?

Stewart

Quote from: dialtone on December 03, 2011, 02:15:53 AM
...it is possible to send an inbound call to the OBi phone and a called phone.
Can the ";d=[delay-in-seconds]" parameter be used in conjunction with this?
Yes, it can.  However, as described in my previous post, I don't believe it's useful when the inbound call is on Google Voice and the called phone is a mobile, because you are racing against GV's voicemail timer.