News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi300 no menu item for service provider

Started by arnstein, June 24, 2023, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnstein

I just bought an obi300 from amazon.com. I would like to manually configure service with voip.ms and I have had an account with them for many years.

The user interface web page does not feature any items for configuring service provider, please see attached image. What should I try next?Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 14.12.26 PM.jpeg

Taoman

Was this a brand new device or used? I assume you've tried adding it to the OBiTALK dashboard? What happens?

Can you post a couple screenshots from Auto Provisioning? Include Auto Firmware Update, ITSP Provisioning and OBiTalk Provisioning.

What firmware version is it on? If it's 3.1 or later then the device is locked. I have read that if you had bought the OBi device from voipsupply.com they will unlock it for you. Maybe return it to Amazon (if you can) and buy it from voipsupply.com if they will unlock it for you.

Wild guess is that it may be configured for PDMS-SP (Polycom Device Management Service for Service Providers)

I also suggest you read the following review (scroll down)
https://www.poly.com/us/en/products/phones/obi/obi300

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on June 24, 2023, 07:10:56 PMIf it's 3.1 or later then the device is locked.

Do you have a reliable source for that assertion?  The OBi 300 has been on software version 3.2.x since 2019, and no, it isn't provider-locked by default, if that's what you meant.

QuoteI also suggest you read the following review (scroll down)
https://www.poly.com/us/en/products/phones/obi/obi300

The only negative review I read was too ambiguous to draw any conclusions, especially since the device can, in fact, be provisioned via its embedded webserver.  I have no idea what that reviewer was trying to do, based on the inaccurate statement "OBI Polycom has switched to web-based initialization of this product."

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2023, 07:28:36 PMDo you have a reliable source for that assertion?  The OBi 300 has been on software version 3.2.x since 2019, and no, it isn't provider-locked by default, if that's what you meant.

Well.....you tell me. Check out this blog post:
Voipsupply.com blog

Edit: I just noticed the blog post is from 2020 so it may be outdated.

Edit2: OP returned OBi300 to Amazon and got a Grandstream HT801.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on June 25, 2023, 09:17:39 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2023, 07:28:36 PMDo you have a reliable source for that assertion?  The OBi 300 has been on software version 3.2.x since 2019, and no, it isn't provider-locked by default, if that's what you meant.

Well.....you tell me. Check out this blog post:
Voipsupply.com blog

Edit: I just noticed the blog post is from 2020 so it may be outdated.

Edit2: OP returned OBi300 to Amazon and got a Grandstream HT801.

I don't know what they were seeing back then.  I don't have a 300 model, so I have never tried to use it with the OBiTALK portal.  I do have a Poly VVX 450 with the "OBi Edition" firmware. I was able to add it to the OBiTALK portal, but a lot of the settings were missing.  It never could be provisioned with consumer GV. I still use that phone now, but with Callcentric.  It was the first VoIP hardware to be approved and enabled for Google Voice for Workspace.

It's all moot anyhow, since that was then, and this is...well, now, with the consumer OBiTALK situation approaching.

At this point, there is no reason for anyone to add a current-production Poly product to the consumer OBiTALK portal.  The devices should either be provisioned by the service provider (remotely via PDMS ) or individually via the device's embedded webpage menus.

Alloper

In the service provider settings, you will typically find fields to enter the SIP server, SIP username, SIP password, and other relevant details. Enter the information provided by voip.ms for your account, including the server address, username, password, and any other required settings. Save the changes once you have entered the necessary information.
sonic exe

slovenlyscale

Quote from: Alloper on August 27, 2023, 09:55:30 PMIn the service provider settings, you will typically find fields to enter the SIP server, SIP username, SIP password, and other relevant details. Enter the information provided by voip.ms for your account, including the server address, username, password, and any other required settings. Save the changes once you have entered the necessary information.
connections game

I know it is, but I can't find a place to enter it.

drgeoff

HumartTibu

It seems there's an issue with your Obi300's web interface not displaying service provider settings. First, ensure you're connected to the same network as the Obi300. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to ObiHai's customer support or voip.ms for assistance with manual configuration. paybyplatema

drgeoff

soxagi

Hello! I am attempting to set up an OBi300 to configure an ITSP profile. However, when logging in as admin, I do not see the "Service Providers" menu item on the left nav bar.

drgeoff