News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Successful implementaion of failover with Obi devices?

Started by twinclouds, May 29, 2017, 11:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinclouds

I have tried a few times to implement failover with OBI devices based on what I found online and in this forum.  However, nothing works so far.  Recently, I tried it again still without success.  I describe my implementation below.  Hope someone can point out what I did wrong and it will be great also if someone can post tested-woring of similar implementation.
Before enable failover, I use Sp1 for domestic call and Sp2 for international call.  The control is done in DigiMap in ITSP Profile A>General>DigiMap:
(<**2>011x.|<**2>01186xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>01186xxxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1858>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)[^*#]@@.)
The Phone Port primeline is SP1 Service.  Everything works as expected.
I then added Sp3 registered to another domestic service provider with default DigiMap: "(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)"
I can dialout with prefix **3 using Sp3 just fine.

To add failover, I changed Trunk Group 1 to TrunkList = sp1, sp3 and its Digimap to "((Msp1)|(Msp3))".  I also changed Phone Port PrimeLine to Trunk Group 1.  For its OutboundCallRoute, I have tried to add {(Mtg1):tg1} in the front or removed everything with only {(Mtg1):tg1} as Mango suggested in VOIP Tech Chat Forum.  If I keep Sp1 registered, everything works fine as before.  However, if I purposely change the SP1 registration so it fails, Then I always got error signal, i.e., SP3 does not take over, with reason 401.  Can someone point out what I did was wrong and how to fix that?   Thanks in advance.

azrobert

The 401 indicates an unauthorized failure. This might be the failure on SP1.

When I was testing there was a 32 second delay before failover occurred, so you might not be waiting long enough. This delay is controlled by TimerB and the default is 32 seconds. I set mine to 10 seconds. Don't set it too low because you will get false failovers. You can set NoRegNoCall to get instant failovers when the trunk isn't registered. TimerB will catch any non-register problems.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_NoRegNoCall: checked
Service Providers ITSP A -> SIP -> TimerB: 10000

twinclouds

Thanks.  After I checked Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_NoRegNoCall, it works.

JamesWebb

Quote from: Muller on September 01, 2023, 01:46:51 AM
Quote from: twinclouds on May 29, 2017, 06:42:20 PMThanks.  After I checked Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_NoRegNoCall, it works.
Quote from: twinclouds on May 29, 2017, 06:42:20 PMThanks.  After I checked Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_NoRegNoCall, it works.tivimate
Good to learn that
Yes it worked for me.

JamesWebb