News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No response from service provider

Started by rjniles, October 08, 2022, 06:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjniles

Problem stared about a month ago. Try to make an outgoing on Google Voice line and get a message - No response from service provider. Incoming calls to GV# go to my cell but do not ring on the OBI202 connected phone. If I remove power from OBI, wait a minute and power up the problem goes away and incoming and outgoing calls work as expected. Has happened 4-5 times in the last month.

rjniles

No commentary on my above post, I should have asked specific questions.

Is this a known issue"

Is this a OBI or a Google Voice issue? Or something else?

Are there any changes I should make in my OBI dashboard?

Lavarock7

I am not using a 202, rather a 2182 phone with a Google number. I have not see that issue with GoogleVoice on my device. Many people here probably use the same setup as you (GV on a 202).

However, I have had that problem with a couple of the other numbers which all go to a different provider. All those other numbers point to a single server and the other day, a couple of those connections failed. Rebooting did not solve it. I had to change servers for those failed connections. I also am quite far from any 'point of presence' or server to conenct to, compared with most other users as I am in the middle of the Pacific with various Internet anomalies like delays due to transpacific cable lag, etc. Thus I don't think I have the same problem as you but even with the issues I can have, the Google line seems quite robust and works well out here.

My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

EricCCod

I am having same problem with the following messages: "have not received response from service provider" or "Google Subscriber not available". Polycom device device shows power on (solid green light), internet working (blinking green light) and no light for telephone. I power off Polycom device, wait a few minutes then plug back into power. Power light is solid green, internet blinking green light and telephone is solid green. When I make a call from the phone I receive message that device has not received response from service provider and telephone light has turned off on Polycom device.
Any suggestions would be cheerfully welcomed!

Taoman

Quote from: EricCCod on November 21, 2022, 10:57:25 AMI am having same problem with the following messages: "have not received response from service provider"

What is the "Status" of your GV line for your OBi device on the OBi Dashboard?

drgeoff

Quote from: EricCCod on November 21, 2022, 10:57:25 AMI am having same problem with the following messages: "have not received response from service provider" or "Google Subscriber not available". Polycom device device shows power on (solid green light), internet working (blinking green light) and no light for telephone. I power off Polycom device, wait a few minutes then plug back into power. Power light is solid green, internet blinking green light and telephone is solid green. When I make a call from the phone I receive message that device has not received response from service provider and telephone light has turned off on Polycom device.
Any suggestions would be cheerfully welcomed!
Has this previously worked or is this a new setup you are trying to bring into operation?