News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help- No response to post in OBiTALK Community ► Region Specific Technical

Started by oldunixguy, November 26, 2022, 02:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldunixguy

On 27 Oct I posted a problem in what I thought was an appropriate forum this https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=19845.msg113062#msg113062 with the subject "cant call 811 (call before you dig) and once attempted no other number will work". This is a serious problem and it seems that either no one reads that forum or it is such a difficult problem that no one has a clue. Is there anyone out there who can help?
thanks,
oldunixguy

drgeoff

This is primarily a user to user forum.  Obihai staff occasionally make information type posts but rarely answer questions.  The majority of replies comes from a small hard core of non-Obihai staff who voluntarily read these forums on a regular basis.  You can find how many posts I have made and compare that with the handful in which I have been the one asking for help or information about a problem I have had.

Lack of any answer to a question just means no-one has an answer that they consider genuinely helpful.  I have a few minutes ago posted a reply to your 811 question but I'll be the first to acknowledge that it is far from being a full and adequate answer.