News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No response from service provider

Started by billbrew, December 07, 2022, 12:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbrew

Alllights are on on my obi200 but will not configure google voice for the phones to work. Is obihai down?

drgeoff

You registered here more than four years ago but this is your first post so I assume that your OBi has been working OK for most of that time.

Reconfiguring an OBi which has been working with GV would not be my first course of action if it suddenly stopped working.  What other troubleshooting steps did you take?

Can you reach the echo test announcement when you dial **9 222 222 222?

billbrew

Message says there is no service to complete my call when I call the echo

billbrew

Yes the unit has worked well for several years now

billbrew

The unit says it is offline but when I try to configure it takes a long time and goes back to offline.

drgeoff

I was able to reach the echo test number a few moments ago so I think there is nothing amiss at obitalk.com and your problem is just that. Yours alone.

Try this.

1.  Disconnect power from the OBi.

2.  Disconnect power from your router.

3.  Wait 1 minute.

4.  Reconnect power to the router.

5.  Wait 3 minutes.

6.  Reconnect power to the OBi.

7.  Wait 1 minute.

8.  Try the echo test.

9.  If the echo test works, try a call via GV.

10.  Report back here with the result of the echo test and if applicable the GV call.

billbrew

After following the procedure I tried calling the echo but got the message there is no service to complete the call. The dashboard said unit was offline. So, I reset and it is taking the usual long time to reconfigure. All three lights of the Obi were on before I started configuring the SP1. Now the phone light is off and it is still just configuring.

billbrew

drgeoff

I did not tell you to reset.

Report here what you hear when you dial ***1.

billbrew

network status your ip address is 192.168.1.19  your dhcp is enabled

drgeoff

Put that address into a web browser and log in with admin as username and password.

At left side click on Status, then on System Status.

In the Product Information section is SystemTime correct?

Scroll down to the bottom.  What is under OBiTALK Service Status?

billbrew

I cannot log in using 192.168.1.19. No passwords work. If I use 192.168.1.1 I can get to router and it shows obi200 as a client but no access time

drgeoff

Is the OBi connected directly to the router by ethernet cable?

billbrew

I did not read your instructions correctly. I was able to log in: This is what is says
SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name    Value   
Status    Connecting to 51.178.194.80;Token Error    help
PrimaryProxyServer       
SecondaryProxyServer       
CallState    0 Active Calls    help

billbrew

OBiTALK Service Statushelp
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Acquiring Service (16;over TCP);ex-addr=192.168.1.19:10085(10085)   help
CallState   0 Active Calls   help

billbrew

To answer your question. My router only has one ethernet cable out and it goes to the modem. I go out from the wifi modem to the OBi200.

drgeoff

billbrew

I don't see anything with system time.

billbrew

SystemTime   20:29:17 01/01/2010, Friday   help
UpTime   0 Days 1:29:18 (0)   help
CertificatesStatus   Installed   help
CustomizationStatus   Generic   help
PhoneBookEntries   0 Unique Name/Number Pairs   help
OBiExtras   Locked

drgeoff

Your Obi does not appear to be reaching the internet.  Any recent changes to your network which might be responsible?

It is half past midnight here so there will be nothing more from me until your tomorrow.