News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Remove dash from inbound caller ID using InboundCallRoute?

Started by Groover, February 06, 2023, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groover

Hi all,

I set my OBI212 as an FXO to a FritzBox which has an integrated voip server this weekend, and all is working well apart from called ID.

In the UK, BT transmits a dash/hyphen - in place of a space between the area code and phone number. The Fritzbox doesn't like this and only shows the caller ID up to this dash, so all I get is the area code.

Is there a way to remove the dash from the caller ID coming in?

I am using the InboundCallRoute on the LINE port to ring the Fritzbox on SP4, and Ive seen a post on here about removing a leading number from an inbound caller ID using this InboundCallRoute so I'm hoping someone might know if this is possible so simply remove any dashes in the caller ID? I'd be very grateful for any pointers!

Many thanks,

Rob.

azrobert

The following suggestion assumes 2 things:
CallerID format = 12345-123456
Current inbound route = sp4

InboundCallRoute

{(xxxxx<-:>xxxxxx):sp4},{sp4}

drgeoff

Quote from: Groover on February 06, 2023, 02:07:45 AMIn the UK, BT transmits a dash/hyphen - in place of a space between the area code and phone number.
That is not the case with the CallerID that comes in on my BT landline.  No spaces, dashes or anything other than the digits 0 to 9.  Landline numbers, mobile numbers, international numbers all come in as digits only.

See attached examples.  (Both numbers were spammers so I have no concerns about showing them here.)

This is an OBi110.  I have no procesing to modify the incoming CLI.

Groover

Quote from: azrobert on February 06, 2023, 08:04:11 AMThe following suggestion assumes 2 things:

InboundCallRoute

Thank you I will give this a try.

Groover

Quote from: drgeoff on February 06, 2023, 08:14:34 AM
Quote from: Groover on February 06, 2023, 02:07:45 AMIn the UK, BT transmits a dash/hyphen - in place of a space between the area code and phone number.
That is not the case with the CallerID that comes in on my BT landline.  No spaces, dashes or anything other than the digits 0 to 9.  Landline numbers, mobile numbers, international numbers all come in as digits only.

See attached examples.  (Both numbers were spammers so I have no concerns about showing them here.)

Interesting.. maybe this is specific to the 212. I also have an old 110 so I'll see how that behaves too. I did read online somewhere though that the dash or spaces are permitted in the BT caller ID spec. It could vary per exchange I guess. I'll see what the 110 does and report back.

Groover

Quote from: drgeoff on February 06, 2023, 08:14:34 AM

I just tested my OBI110 and it too shows the hyphen after the area code so it must be coming down my line. Very weird!

Groover

Quote from: azrobert on February 06, 2023, 08:04:11 AMThe following suggestion assumes 2 things:

InboundCallRoute

Thank you azrobert this worked :)