News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls

Started by rob70, November 02, 2023, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob70

I've had an OBI 200 for a number of years. However, I don't recall how I set it up.  For all practical purposes I am starting over.  I'm not sure I should struggle with it or get a new model as the EOF is here.

At some point it stopped showing incoming phone numbers and shows my GV phone number. How do I change this?
Thanks to all who help.

drgeoff

Quote from: rob70 on November 02, 2023, 01:28:55 PMI've had an OBI 200 for a number of years. However, I don't recall how I set it up.  For all practical purposes I am starting over.  I'm not sure I should struggle with it or get a new model as the EOF is here.

At some point it stopped showing incoming phone numbers and shows my GV phone number. How do I change this?
If you only need to have one call (in or out) at any one time, a new model wil not give you any benefit over your current Obi200.  Besides, none have been manufactured for two years so are now difficult to source.

If your only current issue is your phone showing your GV number instead of incoming caller's number the first place to look is in your GV settings at voice.google.com.

Go to https://voice.google.com/u/0/settings and select "Account" on the left side.  Scroll down to "Show my Google Voice number as a caller ID when forwarding calls" and ensure it is disabled. (Slider to the left.)