News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Downloading Settings From 198.168.0.2

Started by zaragoza2, May 06, 2023, 07:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaragoza2

I have an Obihai 110 which I bought about 10 years ago.  It meets my needs. I have copied the dialplan and saved it in an e-mail.  All the settings, of course, are located here http://192.168.0.2/ If for some reason I need to buy a replacement for the Obihai 110 in the future, is there a way to download all the settings to copy into the new one at one go from http://192.168.0.2/ ?  Or do I need to enter each line item individually, which would be quite a task!  I'd like to download the settings BEFORE the device fails as they may not be available if the device can't be accessed.

drgeoff

You will not find it easy to buy another OBi10.  They have not been manufactured for years.

The local web server management interface does have menu items for saving and loading of all settings except passwords.  Those passwords include those for SIP accounts.

See "Backup Configuration" and "Restore Configuration" on the System Management/Device Update page.

I believe, but will not guarantee as I have not tried it, that a saved file from an OBi1x0 ATA can be restored to an OBi2xx or 3xx ATA.  In the worst case the file is XML and is human readable with a text editor.

zaragoza2

What do you recommend should the Obi110 need to be replaced? I'm not in the U.S. I use the 110 to make the occasional call back to the U.S. Years ago, a friend helped me to configure the 110. I'm no longer in touch with him, though.  I didn't use OBiTalk's "automatic" configuration, but may need to at some point with a future purchase.

drgeoff

Quote from: zaragoza2 on May 07, 2023, 10:45:41 PMWhat do you recommend should the Obi110 need to be replaced? I'm not in the U.S. I use the 110 to make the occasional call back to the U.S. Years ago, a friend helped me to configure the 110. I'm no longer in touch with him, though.  I didn't use OBiTalk's "automatic" configuration, but may need to at some point with a future purchase.
The "automatic configuration" by which I assume you mean the "simple" mode (ie not the Expert Mode) of the dashboard at obitalk.com is probably going to disappear on or soon after 18 December this year.

To be honest I am now loath to recommend buying any OBi branded product.  Poly/HP seem to have ignored the product line and are either letting it die or actively killing it.

The OBi110 was a nice product for those who wanted both POTS/PSTN and VoIP.  It was eventually replaced by the OBi212 and the non-GV OBi312.  I never saw those two offered by sellers outside the USA.