News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will Obi work with AT&T Internet Air

Started by Orple, July 17, 2023, 05:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orple

Probably a dumb question but wouldn't be the first time. Their new Internet Air service uses their towers, not wire/cable. It is cheaper and supposedly faster, no limits. The comments I've read are favorable. But there would be no router to plug into. Does that mean no phone adapter, obi won't work?

drgeoff

Quote from: Orple on July 17, 2023, 05:25:24 AMProbably a dumb question but wouldn't be the first time. Their new Internet Air service uses their towers, not wire/cable. It is cheaper and supposedly faster, no limits. The comments I've read are favorable. But there would be no router to plug into. Does that mean no phone adapter, obi won't work?
I don't see why it would not work.  I cannot imagine that AT&T would try to market this if it had no provision to connect wired devices to it and indeed if you watch their video you can briefly see two ethernet jacks on its back as it spins around.  Whether it has enough ethernet jacks for your needs is a different question.

Orple

Thank you, Drgeoff. I hadn't seen the video down the page. You're right. There are 2 Ethernet jacks, 1Gb and 10Gb. So, I guess I just plug into the 1Gb? The obi only needs one and my pc is wireless.