News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help changing setup

Started by ladyh, August 10, 2023, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyh

my current setup is obi 1022 phone and connected to obi200 with DSL internet & router connected to obihai 1022 phone ethernet with google voice.

I'm doing research before I change to what I want to do and need specific setup instructions.

I want to get rid of centurylink DSL internet and router connected via ethernet.  I want to connect via internet usb metro pcs smartphone phone usb tether to pc (which works for internet) and keep obhai phone and my phone number.

Is this possible?

azrobert

This is an easy setup in Windows 11.

I'm assuming your PC has internet access via USB tethering to your phone.

Windows 11:
Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced Network Settings -> More Network Adapter Options

You will see all your network adapters. The adapter labeled Ethernet 2 (it might be another name) is your tether connection. Your PC Ethernet adapter will not be active and have a red X next to it. Plug your OBi1022 ethernet cable into the PC. The adapter will become active and the red X will disappear.

Left click one of the adapters to highlight it. Hold CTRL and left click the other adapter to highlight it. Right click one of the adapters and select Bridge Connections. The OBi will reboot and then your IP phone should work. Now plug the OBi200 into the OBi1022.