News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ITSP & OBi Talk Provisioning disable or active on a OBi202?

Started by videobruce, September 23, 2023, 05:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

After all the unnecessary, customer unfriendly hassle with Phone Power, with my fingers crosses, so far so good.  :o
My question is; should the two settings be left 'Disabled' or one of the 3 'active' settings??
Or put it another way, is there a downside to have them set to Disable? This also have Google Voice if that matters.

Thanks in advance.  :)
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

drgeoff

Disable the other two than Obitalk Provisioning.  If you are now doing and will continue to do configuration changes by logging in locally, you must disable Obitalk Provisioning. If you are now doing and will continue to do configuration changes using the portal - either simple or Expert mode - you must not disable Obitalk Provisioning.

videobruce

I put the spare two 202's away. They show up in OBiTalk portal as 'offline'. I believe they (PP) won't/don't allow more than one MAC address, but I'm not sure. I tried to ask, but it was side stepped, so I don't know. A while after I contacted PP, and had them remove the now stored unit and enter the active MAV, in less than an hour, I finally got it re-registered.

No, as long as this one stays 'Registered', I don't plan any changes since the one that is active is working.

videobruce

FWIW, I came across this review from;

https://www.voipreview.org/reviews/phone-power

and found it interesting since it seems to reflect the issue I was having and discovered the hard way. Especially interesting is the date Sept '23. But he never mentioned the ATA he was/is using. All the reviews after his were from 2021 and much earlier, back to 2007.

"With a BYOD adapter, the automated provisioning/configuration scripts may not configure the second line (if you are subscribed to it) and may require manual configuration."

Just a FYI for anyone interested.  ;)